Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Power (kettle) leads.....

I'm fuckoff.

Why would a mains lead impact the speed of kettle boil? Assuming they’re both in working order.

I'm alan.

Precisely Martin.........Why indeed.?

Probably in the same way some people would have us believe they impact on the sound of hifi.

I'm Gary.

Quote Originally Posted by mad-moon View Post
    I'd use the one on the top for the Kettle...as the one on the bottom is useless, it won't fit UK sockets....
    AC POWER
    Hardwired 10kVA balanced mains powering entire system
    AMPS
    Meridian 557 power Amp (Modded) / PS Audio BHK Preamp (Modded)
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    PS Audio Directstream (Modded)
    TURNTABLE
    Pro-Ject X8 balanced output via XLR / Ortofon Quintet Blue cartridge
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Tweaked AP-Linux based Roon Server into Oppo 203 as Roon endpoint
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS
    All Balanced: Ghost+ recording studio XLR cables

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by thingfish View Post
    Precisely Martin.........Why indeed.?

Probably in the same way some people would have us believe they impact on the sound of hifi.

I can hear the difference from changing power leads in my system. I wouldn’t pay $4000 for one though, very happy with my DIY one, i got some bits second hand I think it would be £190 all new parts.

Decent step up from what came with the black box.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm Vince.

I've made up every power lead in my system......every upgrade had a positive impact on sound

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Discopants View Post
    I can hear the difference from changing power leads in my system. I wouldn’t pay $4000 for one though, very happy with my DIY one, i got some bits second hand I think it would be £190 all new parts.

Decent step up from what came with the black box.

Not sure they would boil a kettle any quicker though, or make the tea taste better either. I’d just stick with the £3 leads for the kettle.

I'm Grant.

one appears to be a figure of eight so wont boil a kettle at all
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

I'll stick with a £3 kettle lead for everything else too. I might bung some fancy braid sleeve on a £3 lead and see if anybody wants it for $4000 though.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Dennis.

This is really one of the hardest bones of contention re subjectivist and objectivist views, and it would be great to have the time and facilities to do extensive proofs to resolve and prove some science to it.

With the vast variety of gear on this forum, a weekend meet with devoted care could resolve it if everybody devoted themselves to that purpose.

I am at an extreme in which I have a (supposedly) very high resolution system, but use fairly basic leads, and others here have supposedly lesser equipment but put considerable amounts of money into leads.

This should be worked on and resolved, and could save us a lot of money, or dispel some objectivist stances on the matter.

I suppose there is little motivation to do this on the part of reviewers for fear of alienating the purveyors.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharos View Post
    This is really one of the hardest bones of contention re subjectivist and objectivist views, and it would be great to have the time and facilities to do extensive proofs to resolve and prove some science to it.
    But that has been done. Many times. Everyone knows what the outcome is, it's the same every time. Some people still won't have it. So we live and let live.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast