+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Reed 2A headshell question

I'm Karl.

Default Reed 2A headshell question

Hi chaps/chapettes.

Does anybody know where i can get hold of a Reed 2a adjustable azimuth headshell?

Ive pulled the trigger on a beautiful 10.5 inch arm with maccassar ebony wand and cryo C37 wire into eichmann bullets for my next project but it only has the standard non adjustable headshell.

I have been told that you can buy the newer adjustable azimuth headshells and its easy enough to fit/replace yourself but i cant seem to find them anywhere online.

I would need the whole headshell and mounting plate. As pictured

I may be worrying for no reason and may not even need it but the Art 9 is fussy for setup so it would be nice to have the choice if theyre not too expensive.

Hopefully somebody can shed some light?

Thanks

Karl

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Bigbird; 17-07-2019 at 13:10.
    CTC Classic 301 , SPH bearing and Hanze Hifi HAT CPS-2 all analogue power supply / Tenuto Mk2 mat / custom Panzerholz and Kewasinga articulating plinth / Track audio isolation feet / Reed tonearm / Audio Technica ART 9 / 2 box BigBottle mk3 phonostage with Clarity cap CMR and NOS Telefunkens valves / Croft 25R preamp with upgraded 12BH7A line stage and NOS 1956 RCA valves / Croft 7R monoblocks with NOS 56 RCA valves/ Dynaudio Contour 30i speakers / Spotfire interconnects and speaker cables / Merlin Scorpion mains block / Rhodium mains cables / Marantz CD DAC /

I'm Mike.

I don't know if Hugo of Ammonite Acoustics (of this parish) can help, as he's a Reed dealer.

I'm Nari.

I would contact reed in Lithuania they are very helpful and will certainly point you in the right direction.
    Most important and used Walker Black Diamond Etsuro Gold, Micro Seiki 8000mk2 Kondo special V12 Tiger Eye, Fidelity Research FR 66 Shindo spu, EMT 927, sme 312 aluminium. Fidelity research fr66, Sme 3012 mk1, Sme V, Ikeda 407 IT Sme Model 30/2/Dynavector 507 Kodo Beat Turntable Airtangent 10B modified Fidelity fr66s Etsuro Cartridge . Kondo Gakuoh Mk1 powers G70 Pre,Audio Tekne TFA-8695PCS pre Audio Tekne TEA 8695 Phono. Lfd Battery Phono Stage heavily custom rebuilt by Dr Richard Bews, Tharx Phono Stage. Lfd Master Dual Biamp power amp, Lfd Anniversary master preamp. Shindo Latour Field Coil. Rockport Cygnus Biamped, Voigt Domestic Corner Horns/ Feastex Fildcoils. LFD Custom silver Ribbons. LFD Diamond Vipor Mk2 interconnects, Lfd Golden Cobra interconnect. Koetsu blue lace mono special order, Koetsu burma jade mono special order.

I'm Hugo.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Reed View Post
    I don't know if Hugo of Ammonite Acoustics (of this parish) can help, as he's a Reed dealer.
    This type of headshell does not appear in my Reed price lists, and Reed don’t make the 2A any more. As Nari says, best to contact Reed themselves and ask the question.

I'm Karl.

Thanks guys, i have indeed already emailed them but no reply as of yet so i thought id ask here aswell.

Cheers

Karl

CTC Classic 301 , SPH bearing and Hanze Hifi HAT CPS-2 all analogue power supply / Tenuto Mk2 mat / custom Panzerholz and Kewasinga articulating plinth / Track audio isolation feet / Reed tonearm / Audio Technica ART 9 / 2 box BigBottle mk3 phonostage with Clarity cap CMR and NOS Telefunkens valves / Croft 25R preamp with upgraded 12BH7A line stage and NOS 1956 RCA valves / Croft 7R monoblocks with NOS 56 RCA valves/ Dynaudio Contour 30i speakers / Spotfire interconnects and speaker cables / Merlin Scorpion mains block / Rhodium mains cables / Marantz CD DAC /

I'm Russell.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbird View Post
    Hi chaps/chapettes.

Does anybody know where i can get hold of a Reed 2a adjustable azimuth headshell?

Ive pulled the trigger on a beautiful 10.5 inch arm with maccassar ebony wand and cryo C37 wire into eichmann bullets for my next project but it only has the standard non adjustable headshell.

I have been told that you can buy the newer adjustable azimuth headshells and its easy enough to fit/replace yourself but i cant seem to find them anywhere online.

I would need the whole headshell and mounting plate. As pictured

I may be worrying for no reason and may not even need it but the Art 9 is fussy for setup so it would be nice to have the choice if theyre not too expensive.

Hopefully somebody can shed some light?

Thanks

Karl

That’s a clever design! I see why you want one.

Russell

I'm Karl.

I know right , Everything about them is clever Russell . they look and sound stunning, just a shame they didnt put it on the model ive bought

Karl

I'm Karl.

Ok so Reed have now cleared up that it cannot be done at home and the arm must be sent back to HQ as the wires must be unsoldered , and arm wand changed too as the headshell changes the length.
    All for a princely sum of €400 plus shipping .

Thanks for the replies

I'm Nari.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbird View Post
    Ok so Reed have now cleared up that it cannot be done at home and the arm must be sent back to HQ as the wires must be unsoldered , and arm wand changed too as the headshell changes the length.
    All for a princely sum of €400 plus shipping .

Thanks for the replies

As it is quite involved changing arm wands etc, 400 euro sounds very very reasonable. Would certainly not get much for 400 euro with the likes of sme, you could easily spend that on a cardboard box.
    Most important and used Walker Black Diamond Etsuro Gold, Micro Seiki 8000mk2 Kondo special V12 Tiger Eye, Fidelity Research FR 66 Shindo spu, EMT 927, sme 312 aluminium. Fidelity research fr66, Sme 3012 mk1, Sme V, Ikeda 407 IT Sme Model 30/2/Dynavector 507 Kodo Beat Turntable Airtangent 10B modified Fidelity fr66s Etsuro Cartridge . Kondo Gakuoh Mk1 powers G70 Pre,Audio Tekne TFA-8695PCS pre Audio Tekne TEA 8695 Phono. Lfd Battery Phono Stage heavily custom rebuilt by Dr Richard Bews, Tharx Phono Stage. Lfd Master Dual Biamp power amp, Lfd Anniversary master preamp. Shindo Latour Field Coil. Rockport Cygnus Biamped, Voigt Domestic Corner Horns/ Feastex Fildcoils. LFD Custom silver Ribbons. LFD Diamond Vipor Mk2 interconnects, Lfd Golden Cobra interconnect. Koetsu blue lace mono special order, Koetsu burma jade mono special order.

I'm Karl.

Yeah i think your right, its not too bad considering,i guess i was just hoping it may be closer to €100 for them to send me the headshell to do myself after a pretty big outlay on the arm itself.

Providing i get the plinth/armboard bang on there shouldnt really be any need to fanny around with azimuth anyway , but you never know. Sometimes tiny adjustments can really count.

I may still see if they can send me the parts to do it myself as im pretty confident its an easy job to unsolder the tags/terminals . If not i may just wait until ive sorted the rest of the parts for my TT project then send it back when im a bit more flush. Its the postage to and from Oz that adds a good whack on top.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast