+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Hats...

I'm Ian.

I used to wear one on stage sometimes, I refer you to my avatar.
    Turntable
    Toshiba SR-370/Mission 774/Van Damme cable with MS Starline plugs/Ortofon Quintet Black
    CD
    Cambridge CXC transport/modified Musical Fidelity X-DAC/modified Musical Fidelity X-10 V3 tube buffer
    Network Player
    Cambridge NP30
    Amplifier
    Denon HA-500 head amp/Nakamichi CA-5E pre-amp/Chinese passive RVC/Proton AA-1150 DMC power amp
    Speakers
    Mordaunt Short Signifer on original factory stands
    Cables
    Mogami with Rean Neutrik plugs/NVA LS5
    Headphones
    Sennheiser HD600/Sennheiser HD650/Koss Pro4 AA

I'm Grant.

was out in the Borges and scott one today.... was a nice comfortable hat. not had an Alpaca hair hat before.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    That's not going to light up the room, needs a brighter bulb

The filament's long since burnt out

I'm joe.

I can't be doing with hats, unless a) I'm on holiday in a really hot country and need to cover my head to avoid sunstroke, or b) I'm in a really cold country and need to wear a hat to avoid hypothermia. We went to Amsterdam for my 50th, it was the coldest I'd ever been and I really needed a warm hat, but could we find one? We could not.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Another new arrival was from Hawkins.
    Nice black felt fedora this time with a leather band.
    Nice and soft this.
    Looks a bit heir flick

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    I can't be doing with hats, unless a) I'm on holiday in a really hot country and need to cover my head to avoid sunstroke, or b) I'm in a really cold country and need to wear a hat to avoid hypothermia.
    That's my view too. My wife's view on the other hand is that I look a knob in both my summer "straw stetson" and my winter "benny from Crossroads" beanie, so I guess I don't suit hats. Or I don't suit my wife.
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Russell.

I bought this bowler to wear on stage, but it’s such a nice hat, Australian wool, I wear it a lot in Winter. Sorry, the only pic I’ve got.

Oops, found another pic, not as flattering

Russell

I'm Martin.

Default Hats...

Quote Originally Posted by alphaGT View Post

I bought this bowler to wear on stage, but it’s such a nice hat, Australian wool, I wear it a lot in Winter. Sorry, the only pic I’ve got.

Oops, found another pic, not as flattering

Russell
    Are you going for the cousin it look Russel ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_UK View Post
    That's my view too. My wife's view on the other hand is that I look a knob in both my summer "straw stetson" and my winter "benny from Crossroads" beanie, so I guess I don't suit hats. Or I don't suit my wife.
    yeah the stetson look is hard to pull off without looking a knob; well in this country anyway. Its odd as hats were even when i was growing up, worn by most men, although they faded out in late 60's

My summer hat. Has had more wear this month than in last few years due to improved weather
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm joe.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_UK View Post
    Our wives are obviously twins separated at birth. Wife to me: 'You'd better wear a hat, it's bitterly cold out there'. I put woolly hat on. Wife to me: 'You look really silly'.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast