+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Buzzing tonearm

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Stryder5 View Post
    I have a Yannis Tome cable that I no longer use, Linn type angled plug to KLEI RCA 's.

Let me know if it's of interest .

Gary
    needs to be straight plug thanks.
    Current system 1210 GR. CDP - Meridian G08. Amp -Sugden A21I - Sig. Wharfedale Lintons.

I'm Gary.

No problem!

Gary

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeandvan View Post
    It is easier to seek forgiveness than to ask permission

Rules are meant for the obedience of fools and the guidance of wise men

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Does the Jelco arm lead have a separate wire connecting with the arm metalwork? It may have become detached.

Also check that the green and blue cartridge leads are fitted correctly - once I had a very mild hum problem with an Ortofon SL15E cartridge, until I discovered I had the green and blue headshell wires crossed.
    Barry

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Does the Jelco arm lead have a separate wire connecting with the arm metalwork? It may have become detached.

Also check that the green and blue cartridge leads are fitted correctly - once I had a very mild hum problem with an Ortofon SL15E cartridge, until I discovered I had the green and blue headshell wires crossed.
    So that's where it goes!
    Current system 1210 GR. CDP - Meridian G08. Amp -Sugden A21I - Sig. Wharfedale Lintons.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post

it was disconnected, I connected it, hum still exists.

I'm Hugo.

The Zavfino 1877 COVE tonearm cable is by far the best inexpensive cable that I’ve heard, and is available with a straight plug, costing just £69.

https://ammonite-audio.co.uk/product...tonearm-cable/

I'm Graham.

Was thinking of getting a new tonearm cable anyway. Aren't Yannis Tome ones supposed to be good value? Don't want to spend more than a £100, preferably £50 - £75.
    If you cant find something second hand, have a chat to Yannis. To save costs, he made a flexible tonearm cable for me using a thinner Van Damme cable, Cardas connector and compact Switchcraft plugs. It works very well being very versatile as due to the flexible cable it can be used in both straight and right angled applications.

If you just need straight fitment, he can use a basic starquad or Belden 1800f which is not as bendable but works well for phono applications. These will come in at the bottom end of your budget. Yannis is also very helpful and a real gent to deal with.
    Attached Images Attached Images

montesquieu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Ammonite Acoustics View Post
    The Zavfino 1877 COVE tonearm cable is by far the best inexpensive cable that I’ve heard, and is available with a straight plug, costing just £69.

https://ammonite-audio.co.uk/product...tonearm-cable/
    I would agree with this I did a brief write-up of these cables https://theartofsound.net/forum/show...ino-arm-cables

I'm Mike.

Very helpful replies as usual, thanks guys.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by graham67 View Post
    If you cant find something second hand, have a chat to Yannis. To save costs, he made a flexible tonearm cable for me using a thinner Van Damme cable, Cardas connector and compact Switchcraft plugs. It works very well being very versatile as due to the flexible cable it can be used in both straight and right angled applications.

If you just need straight fitment, he can use a basic starquad or Belden 1800f which is not as bendable but works well for phono applications. These will come in at the bottom end of your budget. Yannis is also very helpful and a real gent to deal with.
    I use the Yannis cable shown in your thumbnail. Bought out of expediency, but if you have the skill and patience it is not difficult to wire up a mini-DIN socket to a couple of phono plugs of your choice.
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast