+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Audio Grail 301, Bob Cusworth plinth & Graham Phantom Elite ...a glimpse

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Quote Originally Posted by Vrajbasi View Post
    I am humbly sorry if some see my list of equiptment as willy waving, I personally enjoy answering private mail, I get from aos members regularly asking some advise on a little I have learnt over the past 40 years of playing with this gear and share whatever little knowledge I have. I have enjoyed meeting and hearing from many interesting enthusiasts and during my short time have seen many systems vastly progress at whatever price level they may be at.

I see it as a fun hobby and enjoy listening to systems that cost a couple of thousands as much as ones cost hundreds of thousands. I always am amazed by some of the participants on aos who are continuing the quest whatever the budget maybe. I could name a few but i wont but we have people on here who have spent years and years listening and ended up with wonderful systems within there price points and really pushed them self and sacrificed other monetary commitments at the end of the day none of us need any of this stuff we purchase out of passion .
    Nari (and others), please try and ignore the (now deleted) "willy waving" dig and which is being dealt with. As always, please use the "Report Post" button if anyone sees an objectionable post before the mods do.

For me personally equipment listed in signatures is informative and helpful to discussions as has already been said, and I expect agreed with by the vast majority of contributors, so no need for anyone to apologise for it!
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm AndyElectroNumpty.

I enjoy reading about and looking at gear I could never afford. Means I can dream a little . Everyone has their price level they have to live with but i guarantee that whatever that level is they enjoy their music.

The ww comment was just envy inspired really imo.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    At the cutting edge of Numptyness!

I'm Nari.

Not meaning to bang on I feel this thread took the normal forum turn, a very good dealer friend of chooses out of real kindness to lend around £30000 worth of turntable that I kind of instigated not expecting any financial gain at all, but just for a lovely member on AOS who contacted me to listen and hear what is capable out of the good old 301, the member in question was so so thrilled he chose to share his experiences on what he heard. Instead of people taking note and interest a few chose to go of the tangent and criticise just because of price, even a member who is not too keen on the 301 commented how wonderful the turntable was after hearing it, even tough not to his absolute personal liking.

It just shows how good intentions can turn sour hey ho onwards and upwards.
    Last edited by Vrajbasi; 15-07-2019 at 20:45.
    Most important and used Walker Black Diamond Etsuro Gold, Micro Seiki 8000mk2 Kondo special V12 Tiger Eye, Fidelity Research FR 66 Shindo spu, EMT 927, sme 312 aluminium. Fidelity research fr66, Sme 3012 mk1, Sme V, Ikeda 407 IT Sme Model 30/2/Dynavector 507 Kodo Beat Turntable Airtangent 10B modified Fidelity fr66s Etsuro Cartridge . Kondo Gakuoh Mk1 powers G70 Pre,Audio Tekne TFA-8695PCS pre Audio Tekne TEA 8695 Phono. Lfd Battery Phono Stage heavily custom rebuilt by Dr Richard Bews, Tharx Phono Stage. Lfd Master Dual Biamp power amp, Lfd Anniversary master preamp. Shindo Latour Field Coil. Rockport Cygnus Biamped, Voigt Domestic Corner Horns/ Feastex Fildcoils. LFD Custom silver Ribbons. LFD Diamond Vipor Mk2 interconnects, Lfd Golden Cobra interconnect. Koetsu blue lace mono special order, Koetsu burma jade mono special order.

I'm Neil.

Not meaning to bang on I feel this thread took the normal forum turn, a very good dealer friend of chooses out of real kindness to lend around £30000 worth of turntable that I kind of instigated not expecting any financial gain at all, but just for a lovely member on AOS who contacted me to listen and hear what is capable out of the good old 301, the member in question was so so thrilled he chose to share his experiences on hear. Instead of people taking note and interest a few chose to go of the tangent and criticise just because of price, even a member who is not too keen on the 301 commented how wonderful the turntable was after hearing it even tough not to his absolute personal liking. It shows one has good intentions and things can just turn sour hey ho onwards and upwards.
    Nari, with respect, everything is open to scrutiny regarding what it is, how its done, and how its priced. I did not flame this thread, I expressed concern about the price, which I still think for a lump of wood and resin is overpriced. Thats my opinion. I don't just value a thing on how it sounds, but other factors as well and price is one of them.

Anyway I will bow out now re my personal interest and will leave my involvement to moderating if required.
    Regards Neil

I'm Martin.

Not meaning to bang on I feel this thread took the normal forum turn, a very good dealer friend of chooses out of real kindness to lend around £30000 worth of turntable that I kind of instigated not expecting any financial gain at all, but just for a lovely member on AOS who contacted me to listen and hear what is capable out of the good old 301, the member in question was so so thrilled he chose to share his experiences on hear. Instead of people taking note and interest a few chose to go of the tangent and criticise just because of price, even a member who is not too keen on the 301 commented how wonderful the turntable was after hearing it even tough not to his absolute personal liking. It shows one has good intentions and things can just turn sour hey ho onwards and upwards.
    We should be grateful that the lucky few are able to comment and in somecases have people to come and listen to this exalted gear.
    Very few of us would be able to audition at this level. And such dealers are few and far between
    Lumley Heliosphere Audiomods 5
    Voyd Valdi AN Arm 1 V2 and Denon MC
    Audiomeca Talisman Highly Modded
    Audiomeca Kreatura &,SW1X DAC1
    Hovland HP200 MC
    Hovland Radia
    Ming Da 805 monos
    Magnum Dynalab Etude, RWA Cassabria + LCD 3
    Wilson Benesch Actors
    Cables by Cardas, Hovland G3 and Yter

I'm Andrew.

I am humbly sorry if some see my list of equiptment as willy waving, I personally enjoy answering private mail, I get from aos members regularly asking some advise on a little I have learnt over the past 40 years of playing with this gear and share whatever little knowledge I have. I have enjoyed meeting and hearing from many interesting enthusiasts and during my short time have seen many systems vastly progress at whatever price level they may be at.

I see it as a fun hobby and enjoy listening to systems that cost a couple of thousands as much as ones cost hundreds of thousands. I always am amazed by some of the participants on aos who are continuing the quest whatever the budget maybe. I could name a few but i wont but we have people on here who have spent years and years listening and ended up with wonderful systems within there price points and really pushed them self and sacrificed other monetary commitments at the end of the day none of us need any of this stuff we purchase out of passion .
    Nari, people can be proper bell end's. You've got great kit and are in a fortunate position in being able to indulge in your hobby. Some people are jealous, so I say bollocks to them. I honestly wouldn't give a toss, keep indulging!

Quote Originally Posted by ovlov854 View Post
    We should be grateful that the lucky few are able to comment and in somecases have people to come and listen to this exalted gear.
    Very few of us would be able to audition at this level. And such dealers are few and far between
    +1
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by REXTON View Post
    Nari, people can be proper bell end's. You've got great kit and are in a fortunate position in being able to indulge in your hobby. Some people are jealous, so I say bollocks to them. I honestly wouldn't give a toss, keep indulging!

+1
    Andrew we do not call AoS Members bellends. Please refrain from such language in future.
    Regards Neil

montesquieu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral Morn View Post
    Andrew we do not call AoS Members bellends. Please refrain from such language in future.
    The individual under discussion has earned that particular description several times over. Indeed it seems to be his only reason for posting here.

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by montesquieu View Post
    The individual under discussion has earned that particular description several times over. Indeed it seems to be his only reason for posting here.
    In this case its plural not singular, but whether singular or not we do not refer to AoS mebers here as bell ends. Anyone misbehaving not picked up by the mod team monitoring can be reported. What we don't want is things to esculate so report, or pm and the mods will deal with it.

Regardless no one should start throwing insults about.
    Regards Neil

montesquieu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral Morn View Post
    In this case its plural not singular, but whether singular or not we do not refer to AoS mebers here as bell ends. Anyone misbehaving not picked up by the mod team monitoring can be reported. What we don't want is things to esculate so report, or pm and the mods will deal with it.

Regardless no one should start throwing insults about.
    Wouldn't be necessary if the mods were on top of the situation but in this case they haven't been, despite plenty of reports going in from various people.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast