+ Reply to Thread

Thread: me and my system

I'm Anthony.

Default me and my system

Hi I am Tony Sharman, my handle is restekuk that is because for about 30 years I was the importer and distributor for Restek Hi-End electronics of Germany, other products I handled were Gradient loudspeakers from Finland, Final products from Japan, Totem loudspeakers from Canada and also Cymbol electronics from GB. As well as producing my own design cables Antler Audio, I also supplied a service to upgrade and or repair turntables using products from Originlive. So it will be no surprise to anyone that my system comprises : Restek Concret CD player via balance Antler leads to Restek Consens Pre-Amp connected again via Antler balanced leads to a Gradient active crossover to 2 fully balanced Cymbol 70 w. stereo power amps and on via custom speaker cables to a pair of Gradient Revolution loudspeakers on customized speaker stands. But the star of my system is a home built turntable of my own design, based on a Linn platter, sub platter and bearing, supporting a Lexan top platter on 4 isolated posts, a solid oak base supporting an ultra lightweight suspended chassis with 3 Originlive motors and controller driving the periphery of the Linn platter, the arm is a special built Mission Mechanic with my own design arm post and balance weight supporting a Benz Micro Glider cartridge, this feeds into a highly modified Kinshaw Perception Phono stage and on to the pre-amp.
    My record collection is mainly Blues and rock with a fair smattering of electronic and dance and ranges from the 60's up to today, any member of this forum is welcome to test my expertise in upgrading their turntables I am always happy to oblige as I still have very good relations with companies that can supply product.

I'm Lawrence.

Welcome to the Forum Tony. That's quite a Restek system you've got there. I had a Challenger for a few years, I regret selling it now considering what I got for it. I really liked it as a power amp with a passive pre although it was still pretty good on its own.

Sent from my BLN-L21 using Tapatalk

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Welcome to AoS Tony! Sounds an interesting system - would be great to see some pictures sometime! Hope you enjoy the forum.
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Shane.

Howdy! Welcome to AOS.

Have fun.

S.
    Shane Lonergan.

Home Hi-Fi Chat UK (Facebook Group)

I'm Martin.

Hi Tony, welcome to the forum.
    Current Lash Up:

*Sony SCD XB790QS* Nelson Pass DCB1 / Krell KSA100 mkII * JM Lab Electra 926 *

'You fool! To think that your ape-brain could contain the full knowledge of the Krell!'

I'm Geoff.

Hello Tony. Welcome to AOS.

You've been involved with some interesting Hi-Fi brands. Are you retired now?

Your turntable sounds interesting, some photos would be good. Perhaps you could start a blog in our Gallery section and show some.

There's a lot going on here, so feel free to join in and chat.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.
    "when common sense, logic and plausibility are excluded. All that remain are foolishness and lies"

I'm Leo.

+ Reply to Thread