+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Recommendations for a vintage direct drive t/t

I'm paul.

Quote Originally Posted by helma View Post
    Yeah I know the DP-80 uses a 3-phase motor for one, it's definitely on my list of decks I'd love to own some day But I don't think you can get one for £750, complete with arm at that... depending on the arm, that really doesn't leave that much for the deck itself, though with patience bargains can be found. Anyway, within those limits I think it's very tough to beat a Lenco.
    I think mine was about £600 from Japan, Stax arm was £600 plus plinth and aluminum sub plinth. Probably £1500 all in. As said the motor units from Japan are not overly expensive and come without arm or plinth. Don't think the ever supplied them complete like the lesser units. As for lenco, I never heard a standard lenco but built a ptp that visit me much the same as a 401 and about the same quality.
    Bakoon 13r Denon DP80 Stax UA-70 Shure Ultra 500 in a Martin Bastin body with jico stylus, project ds2 digital Rullit aero 8 field coils in tqwt speakers

Office system, DIY CSS fullrange speakers with aurum cantus G2 ribbons yulong dac Sony STR6055 receiver Jvc QL-A51 direct drive turntable, Leema sub. JVC Z4S cart is in the house

Garage system another Sony receiver, cassette deck

System components are subject to change without warning and at the discretion of the owner.

I'm Knut.

The JVC TT71 and Technics SP15. I use both next to Garrard. Very amazing DD's for the price.
    Knut.

Acoustic Signature Thunder & Final Tool, Technics SP15, Ampearl RE1030 Valve Phono, Ampearl Valve phono LCR RE2030, Ampearl RE1031, Tribute SUT, Aidas MC, Linn Akiva, DS Audio E1, Nagra VPS
    Legat Audio SETA E130L SE, Legat KT88 SE , K&T Donar, JE Labs Open baffle with Philips 12202, BK elec SUBs P12 & XXls400

I'm malcolm.

How about the JVC QL-7 turntable that Don has for sale here, would be a trip to London to collect but seems to be a bargain. Ian has one which he replinthed and it is very good.
    Audiophile Tosher

I'm Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by paulf-2007 View Post
    my DP80 trumps a 401 and ptp lenco and anything else I've heard tbh. Sounded better than a 401 without a plinth. The Dp80 and DP100 ( rarely seen outside Japan ) are completely different to the look alike Denons. Check out the specs. Platter is two piece with damping and electronics are more sophisticated. I had a mad moment and almost sold mine, glad it didn't happen. The guy that wanted it bought one and also hasn't heard anything to beat it.
    I've had many tables over the years, but when I got my DP-80 ended the search. It simply does everything right for my ears. I gather that while the 75 was less expensive and has a somewhat lower-torque motor in the real world the difference would be hard to tell in the listening.

I'm paul.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiddlefye View Post
    I've had many tables over the years, but when I got my DP-80 ended the search. It simply does everything right for my ears. I gather that while the 75 was less expensive and has a somewhat lower-torque motor in the real world the difference would be hard to tell in the listening.
    Same for me, the end game. What arm are you using. The 12" stax and Shure ultra 500 just put the icing on the cake. I've done the MC thing and no longer feel the need to try and match arm, cart and step ups
    Bakoon 13r Denon DP80 Stax UA-70 Shure Ultra 500 in a Martin Bastin body with jico stylus, project ds2 digital Rullit aero 8 field coils in tqwt speakers

Office system, DIY CSS fullrange speakers with aurum cantus G2 ribbons yulong dac Sony STR6055 receiver Jvc QL-A51 direct drive turntable, Leema sub. JVC Z4S cart is in the house

System components are subject to change without warning and at the discretion of the owner.

I'm Mike.

As has been said, I think you'll struggle to find a higher end DD TT and arm for £750. You might do it for a £1000.
    Less bling, more integrity ©Spenagio

I'm Bruce.

Same for me, the end game. What arm are you using. The 12" stax and Shure ultra 500 just put the icing on the cake. I've done the MC thing and no longer feel the need to try and match arm, cart and step ups
    I have two arms - Audiocraft AC-400C out front and a Technics EPA 250 in the back. Both are lovely and they have a nicely contrasted character.
    DSC_3564 by fiddlefye, on Flickr

I'm paul.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiddlefye View Post
    I have two arms - Audiocraft AC-400C out front and a Technics EPA 250 in the back. Both are lovely and they have a nicely contrasted character.
    DSC_3564 by fiddlefye, on Flickr
    nice

I'm Mike.

nice
    +1
    Less bling, more integrity ©Spenagio

I'm Steve.

I have a Sony PS6750 as mentioned above. I use it with my headphone system used during bouts of insomnia and it ir really good. Even with it's stock arm it punches above it's weight. I have done the Garrard thing and steered clear, they just didn't do it for me. I recently took it along to NEBO and it played music all day and never skipped a beat even when we bolted an Audio Technica ART 9 MC into it. No bull, i prefer it to my 401 which i have since sold on.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast