+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FS: Krell KSA 100 MK2 Amplifier

I'm John.

Hi Ollie
    I've listened to a Neurochrome Modulus 86 and was very impressed, I've listened to a few other SS Power Amps and have become a fan, these designs I have listened to are much more ear friendly that some my older memories recollect.
    I've been looking at builds, not that I know anything about them from a Techie Viewpoint, but I do get the sense when something can be good.
    Have a look at the model in the link, it might catch your attention.

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/f...mplifier.7984/

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Looks interesting. New to me - I admire your sense of adventure. Will you build one yourself, or buy it ready populated?
    Well, I could do either so it's all down to whether I want to build one or not. Also having the guru (Alan) live on my dorrstep means I have ample back up lol.

I have sent an enquiry to the manufacturer, I'll see what the options are and go from there.

As I'm just recovering from shoulder surgery and have hand surgery on the agenda, I may just plump for a built one.

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by JohnG View Post
    Hi Ollie
    I've listened to a Neurochrome Modulus 86 and was very impressed, I've listened to a few other SS Power Amps and have become a fan, these designs I have listened to are much more ear friendly that some my older memories recollect.
    I've been looking at builds, not that I know anything about them from a Techie Viewpoint, but I do get the sense when something can be good.
    Have a look at the model in the link, it might catch your attention.

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/f...mplifier.7984/
    HI John,

I've been watching the progress on these very closely but it's not got a price yet or really any info on when it'll be available.

The modulus were brought to my attention by you after you heard Simons pair. I've spoken to him loads about these amps and his opinion is that they are the most open window in to a recording that he has ever heard.

I want to know if that's right lol.

I'm Robert.

Like your style Oli and all the best with your shoulder / hand.
    My System:
    Amplification - Sansui AU-alpha 707 DR
    Turntable - Technics SP10 MK2-Technics EPA-250 Tonearm-Yannis Tome 423.5Plus tonearm cable-Eichmann KLEI Absolute Harmony plugs.
    Ortofon Cadenza Black moving coil cartridge-Fritz Gyger S re-tip. Panzerholz plinth.

CDP - Pioneer PD-91
    Speakers - Spendor D7 on Soundcare SuperSpikes
    QED Silver Spiral speaker cable-airloc banana plugs
    Mains - Ultra Pure silver plated un-switched socket-Missing link EPS 500 silver plated plugs-Hi-Fi Tuning gold plated silver ceramic 13 amp fuses

I'm James.

Look forward to hearing your next project mate!
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

Bigman80 Guest

Thank you gentlemen.

It's an interesting project!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12