+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FS: Krell KSA 100 MK2 Amplifier

Bigman80 Guest

Default FS: Krell KSA 100 MK2 Amplifier

Well, boys and girls, the time has come for me to move on to my next project. Unfortunately that means that something has to go to fund it.

This time it's the Krell.

I bought it about 11 months ago and I've used it mostly to destroy any amplifier I've compared it to. When it isn't slaying it's victims, it's been providing me with hour upon hour of magestic sound.

Listening has been an absolute pleasure and it's very hard to imagine that my next project is going to provide anything above what this amp does, but I want to see for myself.

This amplifier is an absolute legend, make no mistake about this. Prices are rising and the cheapest one out there, which isn't as nice as this one, is £2k. I full expect that in 12 months time, you will have seen your investment rise sharply and I doubt anyone who buys this would ever end up put of pocket.

Checked and inspected by Firebottle in September 2018, its in perfect working order and on top of that, I replaced the old ERA caps with TOTL Audio Note Kaisai caps.

Physical/cosmetic condition is about 9/10, 8/10 at worst.

Internals are VERY tidy and have been left unmolested. Its all original except for the ERA caps which needed to be replaced. ERA caps are available if you want to return it back to its original spec.

You don't need to look far on the Internet to find out how good these monsters are. They will drive Any speaker with 100w of pure Class A magic.

Delivery is just not possible as it weighs as much as a fully grown Shetland pony (lol)

Collection and demo is a must.

Two people have first and second dibs on this. I will let you know if they decline their option ASAP.

Price: £1850 to forum members.

This will be on gumtree/ebay/hififorsale from Saturday for £2000

Thanks

I'm Alan.

Oh my god, has the fabric of the space/time continuum ripped or something?

GLWS, though I don't you'll need much.

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Firebottle View Post
    Oh my god, has the fabric of the space/time continuum ripped or something?

GLWS, though I don't you'll need much.
    Haha, no mate.

You know how I get, time to build something!

Bigman80 Guest

Looks like this has sold

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    Looks like this has sold
    Why so sad? What will you use in its place?
    Barry

I'm Wayne.

Nice amp. Now onto the next!

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Why so sad? What will you use in its place?
    First real "Bigboy" amplifier. It's been a cracker.

Just a little apprehensive BUT I like a blind punt.

Next amp is a Neurochrome Modulus 686. Either DIY or prebuilt. I'll see what Tom can offer.

A total departure from Huge Class A To Ultra efficient A/B.

I'm Nari.

Krells from that era were rather lovely I owned several nothing like the modern Krells. Lovely amp
    Most important and used Walker Black Diamond Etsuro Gold, Micro Seiki 8000mk2 Kondo special V12 Tiger Eye, Fidelity Research FR 66 Shindo spu, EMT 927, sme 312 aluminium. Fidelity research fr66, Sme 3012 mk1, Sme V, Ikeda 407 IT Sme Model 30/2/Dynavector 507 Kodo Beat Turntable Airtangent 10B modified Fidelity fr66s Etsuro Cartridge . Kondo Gakuoh Mk1 powers G70 Pre,Audio Tekne TFA-8695PCS pre Audio Tekne TEA 8695 Phono. Lfd Battery Phono Stage heavily custom rebuilt by Dr Richard Bews, Tharx Phono Stage. Lfd Master Dual Biamp power amp, Lfd Anniversary master preamp. Shindo Latour Field Coil. Rockport Cygnus Biamped, Voigt Domestic Corner Horns/ Feastex Fildcoils. LFD Custom silver Ribbons. LFD Diamond Vipor Mk2 interconnects, Lfd Golden Cobra interconnect. Koetsu blue lace mono special order, Koetsu burma jade mono special order.

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Vrajbasi View Post
    Krells from that era were rather lovely I owned several nothing like the modern Krells. Lovely amp
    Yes, it's going to become a revered classic when people realise just how good they are.

I'm off on a rather modern tangent so I may circle back at some point.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Looks interesting. New to me - I admire your sense of adventure. Will you build one yourself, or buy it ready populated?
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast