+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Volumio with two systems?

I'm Mel.

Yes do thatbut currently having a beer in a pub with rubbish internet and a phone running low on powere so give me an hour or so to reply

I'm Bill.

I have sent you a PM, but please don't worry about replying until conveinient - don't want to spoil your beer!

In the meantime, I'm going to flash Volumio again.
    Chord Mojo / Sennheiser HD600

I'm Bill.

Quote Originally Posted by Cycleallday View Post
    Yes do thatbut currently having a beer in a pub with rubbish internet and a phone running low on powere so give me an hour or so to reply
    Mel,

I've got it sorted and both now working with the App

Cheers,

Bill

I'm Mel.

I see from an earlier post you also use Moode - which do you prefer ?

I have used both almost since they came out and always preferred Moode - more to fiddle with under the bonnet !

Volumio was always the nicer interface but the worst for bugs in my experience. Moode then took a development hit when Tim charged for a release and got caught out with linux free license issues and in that time Volumio seemed to come on in leaps and bounds.

I have been playing with Moode 5 for a little while and now find it is the buggy option particularly with the music database where i get missing artwork and duplicate or missing albums all together - cant ever repeat the issuues as they seem inconsistent with each install i do. Its odd as the database is common code to both Volumio and Moode but I guess some of Tims user interface code may be having some impact.

Now I think i will move across to Volumio as it looks good, has good user interface layout and controls and installs without issue. Also like the way it pulls in artist photos in the Artist search option. More importantly I can no longer hear any sq between the two - though I know many like Moodes tinkering options in the settings.

Mel

I'm Bill.

I only tried Moode when I thought I couldn't run both Pi's on Volumio.
    I much prefer Volumio!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12