+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Volumio with two systems?

I'm Bill.

Default Volumio with two systems?

I currently use Volumio with my headphone system and now what to set up another, totally independent of the first.
    Is this possible?
    Chord Mojo / Sennheiser HD600

I'm Grant.

Yup it is
    If you pay volumio you can have the 2 connected by WiFi for sharing of music etc. But there is nothing to stop u having several unconnected ones. Just give them separate ip's. And separate names so you know who h is which
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Bill.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Yup it is
    If you pay volumio you can have the 2 connected by WiFi for sharing of music etc. But there is nothing to stop u having several unconnected ones. Just give them separate ip's. And separate names so you know who h is which
    Cheers Grant!

I have Virtuosa, so sounds like it is possible then.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Bourneendboy View Post
    Cheers Grant!

I have Virtuosa, so sounds like it is possible then.
    yup I used to have it and had 2 units they both showed up on the page at bottom and you could swap to which one you wanted. and they could share a connected hdd only connected to one of them. worked very well.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Bill.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    yup I used to have it and had 2 units they both showed up on the page at bottom and you could swap to which one you wanted. and they could share a connected hdd only connected to one of them. worked very well.
    Great, will give it a go when the stuff arrives later in the week.

I'm Bill.

Looks like I need the Superstar plan for more than one device, so may give Moode a go on the second Pi.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Bourneendboy View Post
    Looks like I need the Superstar plan for more than one device, so may give Moode a go on the second Pi.
    I previously had two Rpi devices running on Volumio. The home screen showed both devices as active. I no longer have the second Rpi device but unless (basic) Volumio has changed it should still work.

I'm Bill.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherwood View Post
    I previously had two Rpi devices running on Volumio. The home screen showed both devices as active. I no longer have the second Rpi device but unless (basic) Volumio has changed it should still work.
    Cheers Geoff, will give it a go and if it doesn't work will go with Moode

I'm Mel.

Both volmio and moode are using the same base rpi software which allows you to set up each device as a separate entity without problem.

Getting two devices to share common play rules is what volumio charges for as thats their custom code on top of the shared linux base.

You just need to rename each device so its different to the default - so something like vol1 and vol2.

Then you control each via a differnt web page by calling vol1.local and vol2. Local when entering the page address. You could also just user the ip address’s allocated by your router if you know how to find them

Pm me if you need help

Mel

I'm Bill.

Quote Originally Posted by Cycleallday View Post
    Both volmio and moode are using the same base rpi software which allows you to set up each device as a separate entity without problem.

Getting two devices to share common play rules is what volumio charges for as thats their custom code on top of the shared linux base.

Pm me if you need help

Mel
    I tried it and could not see the new Pi, I do use the App so maybe this makes a difference.

I have set the new Pi up on Moode, but would much rather use Volkumio if I can. Can you give me any pointers on how to do it?

Just seen your offer of help, will send you a pm.

Cheers,

Bill.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast