+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Superlux HD-681

I'm Shane.

Default Superlux HD-681

Bought these to use on the PC. For under £30 they're very good. Not perfection but hard to fault for the price.

Not bad!

S.
    Shane Lonergan.

I'm Pavel.

I bought a set of these 7 or 8 years ago out of curiosity. They were okay but not terribly exciting in my opinion. I literally gave them away to somebody who was very happy with them because they had only used cheap and nasty PC headsets previously.

The Superlux made a lot of sense back then, but these days real AKG K240 are about 50 euro or so. I personally wouldn't buy imitation AKGs instead of the real thing to save the price of one lunch.

I'm Shane.

I only bought the Superlux for listening/watching content on YouTube. They do the job nicely.

S.
    Shane Lonergan.

I'm Rob.

I have some Superlux 6something or others that were the subject of some modifications years ago on the Rock Grotto forum. I still use them and for the silly money paid at the time (about £6) are not bad. It was said that these were made in the same factory as AKG's,not that that means they would be identical or necessarily as good, but to my ears they are ok.
    Buy Bose...And get your parking validated!.

https://youtu.be/ZCBe7-6rw4M

No Highs...No Lows....It Must Be Bose!

+ Reply to Thread