+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Croft 25 external phono stage question

I'm Stephen.

Default Croft 25 external phono stage question

I have just ordered a Tom Evans microgroove 2 plus phono stage to go with a Pioneer A-300R which I am also getting Tom to upgrade.

Does anyone know if I could also use the microgroove with my Croft 25RS that already has a (very good) phono stage into one of the line in inputs?

Obviously I can just try and see but just wanted opinion if anyone has used an external phono stage with a 25RS and if it is OK does it matter which of the line in inputs it goes into?

Steve
    Always a little further

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by worrasf View Post
    I have just ordered a Tom Evans microgroove 2 plus phono stage to go with a Pioneer A-300R which I am also getting Tom to upgrade.

Does anyone know if I could also use the microgroove with my Croft 25RS that already has a (very good) phono stage into one of the line in inputs?

Obviously I can just try and see but just wanted opinion if anyone has used an external phono stage with a 25RS and if it is OK does it matter which of the line in inputs it goes into?

Steve
    Can't see why not.

I'm Andrew.

Yeah that shouldn't be a problem.
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Dave.

Of course you can.

I'm Stephen.

Thanks one and all.
    Can’t wait to get the microgroove- next week hopefully then the A300R goes off to Tom Evans for the full monty upgrade - he promises it will be a stunner. Should give me a top flight valve and solid state setup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Always a little further

+ Reply to Thread