This isn’t a rant, but more an observation brought on by my experience over the last 3 years.
I’ve been riding motorcycles for 30 years now and whilst it’s safe to say that obviously the roads are now overloaded to breaking point, it seems that driving standards are at an all time low with people who are tired, frustrated and have less patients than a bad doctor (bad joke, i know). Which considering how hard it is now to obtain a full license now is surprising.
Everyone seems to be in a rush all the time, with little regard to other road users.
So, in the last 3 years i’ve had a delightful women reverse over my bike whilst i was filling up with petrol, who then proceeded to blame me for “just” appearing out of no where.
After viewing the CCTV she soon changed her story.
Bike number 1 written off.
Not so long after that a white van man pulled out of junction in front of me and i went into the side of it.
As i was laying on my back in the road he came over laughing and joking, that was until i grabbed his throat with both hands and watched him turn every colour of the rainbow before a witness intervened.
Bike number 2 written off.
And last night after leaving work i was in the front of a queue waiting to cross a roundabout when a lady clipped the side of my bike and when i turned round to say WTF she proceeded to accelerate full on into the back of my bike and guess what…
Bike number 3 written off.
Not only that, but it was all my fault for being there, in fact she went so mental at me that the policeman had to lock her in his car until she cooled off.
I was glad to be in the ambulance just to get away from the nutter. Luckily there were witnesses who backed me up, so at least i’ll get a payout for my bike, broken shoulder and crushed leg and the police said they will look to prosecute.

Pic of my bike (doesn’t look that bad, but the swing arm/frame is bent as well as the obvious damage to exhaust, mud guard, rear lamp etc).

I would say that it’s time to give up riding, but why should i forfeit something i love because of other idiot drivers.
Also i’m hopped up to eyeballs on pain killers and Adnams Copper house gin to combat the pain, so probably ignore this rambling post