+ Reply to Thread

Thread: FS: Denon DL-S1 MC and Denon AU-S1 SUT

I'm Stephen.

Default FS: Denon DL-S1 MC and Denon AU-S1 SUT

I’ll probably regret this if they go but need the funds for another project.

The DL-S1 needs little introduction and the AU-S1 is the partnering SUT. The S1 really does need the AU1 to bring out the best.

I am the second owner of both items.

I bought the S1 from a chap in Norway who said it had less than 50 hours. I’ve put on 113 so still less than 170. No issues at all. Stylus is perfect and original (cleaned after each session). There is a little very minor scuffing where the mounting bolts rubbed on the plastic mounting lugs just visible in photos. Original wood box and papers. Photos show it mounted in a Jelco HS-30 headshell - this is just to try and show it better rather than in the box the headshell is not included but it is a great partner for the cartridge.

I bought the AU1 from Samurai audio in Japan. It is in very good cosmetic condition apart from a small ding to the rear corner (I bought it in this condition) - not visible in use and no affect on sound.

These don’t come up for sale that often and I’ve never seen them advertised together.

I’d like to sell them together as I really think they need each other. I’m looking for £1800 for both.

I really don’t want to trust these to a courier- I had a bad experience with a damaged stylus with a previous cartridge and the SUT is heavy at over 3Kg. So I’d much prefer collection in person or will consider drop off within 50 miles of Leeds.

I hope the photos meet requirements. Afraid I don’t have a microscope camera to show stylus any better. Please PM if interested.

Steve

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by worrasf; 10-07-2019 at 18:06.
    Always a little further

I'm Stephen.

Denon DL-S1 SOLD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Always a little further

+ Reply to Thread