+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New arm on a Verdier Platine Nouveau

I'm Hugo.

Default New arm on a Verdier Platine Nouveau

Here are a couple of shots of the 12" Timestep T-612 tonearm, along with a Miyajima Takumi L cartridge, that I fitted to a customer's Verdier Platine Nouveau turntable. Beady eyes might notice Magna Audio's fine work in the form of a replacement armboard crafted beautifully from African Blackwood. This combination sounds seriously lovely!

I'm Deleted.

Surely, as per the beliefs espoused in an adjacent thread, that belt drive deck was suffering from disabling wow....
    Account Deleted

I'm Hugo.

Quote Originally Posted by YNWaN View Post
    Surely, as per the beliefs espoused in an adjacent thread, that belt drive deck was suffering from disabling wow....
    Now now! That Verdier is a pretty massive affair and it does sound lovely, even more so with that new arm and cartridge. The DC motor is clearly reasonably torquey since it spins the heavy platter up relatively quickly, and there is no hint of speed wobbles.

I'm Deleted.

Only pulling your leg Hugo (but you know that). I’ve heard the Verdier a number of times and it is a very fine deck .
    Account Deleted

I'm Hugo.

Only pulling your leg Hugo (but you know that). I’ve heard the Verdier a number of times and it is a very fine deck .
    It has some complicated engineering hidden inside the plinth. M Verdier clearly knew his stuff because it does work very well, even if it’s a tad bulky, with the separate motor box, for my own preference.

I'm Deleted.

Yes, I realise that although it looks like a solid plinth design it actually has a suspension.
    Account Deleted

I'm Nari.

I remember the days when Mr Verdier would visit the Uk HiFi shows a lovely man, his deck is one of those true audio classics. The Verdier is a true musical affair and one of those good value designs just like the lovely Timestep arm.
    Most important and used Walker Black Diamond Etsuro Gold, Micro Seiki 8000mk2 Kondo special V12 Tiger Eye, Fidelity Research FR 66 Shindo spu, EMT 927, sme 312 aluminium. Fidelity research fr66, Sme 3012 mk1, Sme V, Ikeda 407 IT Sme Model 30/2/Dynavector 507 Kodo Beat Turntable Airtangent 10B modified Fidelity fr66s Etsuro Cartridge . Kondo Gakuoh Mk1 powers G70 Pre,Audio Tekne TFA-8695PCS pre Audio Tekne TEA 8695 Phono. Lfd Battery Phono Stage heavily custom rebuilt by Dr Richard Bews, Tharx Phono Stage. Lfd Master Dual Biamp power amp, Lfd Anniversary master preamp. Shindo Latour Field Coil. Rockport Cygnus Biamped, Voigt Domestic Corner Horns/ Feastex Fildcoils. LFD Custom silver Ribbons. LFD Diamond Vipor Mk2 interconnects, Lfd Golden Cobra interconnect. Koetsu blue lace mono special order, Koetsu burma jade mono special order.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

I did mention that the PV, and other similar high-mass T/Ts were a different kettle of fish!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by Ammonite Acoustics View Post
    Now now! That Verdier is a pretty massive affair and it does sound lovely, even more so with that new arm and cartridge. The DC motor is clearly reasonably torquey since it spins the heavy platter up relatively quickly, and there is no hint of speed wobbles.
    Indeed, and so very different from low-mass suspended designs, such as LP12s!

Anyway, a beautiful turntable and equally lovely arm/cartridge - just my kind of thing, and which no doubt sounds superb!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm David.

Thanks for posting the pic of a wonderful tt Hugo.

+ Reply to Thread