+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wanted : DAC

I'm Neil.

Default Wanted : DAC

Somewhere between £150 and £250. I would prefer one with a USB input DSD and 384KHz sample rates unnecessary!
    Thanks for looking
    Neil

I'm Mike.

You'll be wanting a Caiman SEG then! Google Beresford DAC, read all the good reviews on here (beresford banter) and then PM Stan Beresford direct for an unbeatable price.
    I've just had my one upgraded to current spec and bought the Dorado power supply (just about the upper limit of your budget all in) and have to say it ranks as one of the two most significant upgrades to my system I've ever made!
    Stan also offers a money back guarantee so you can't really go far wrong.

I'm Grant.

A. Few decent new dacs in that price range. Can depend on how you intend using it too
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Dave.

I've got an M2Tech Young DAC with an MCRU power supply going spare if that's of interest.

Few threads on here about them:
    https://theartofsound.net/forum/show...t=M2Tech+young
    https://theartofsound.net/forum/show...t=M2Tech+young

Would be the top of your price range though - £250.

One thing that has been mentioned on here though (and can't find the thread with a quick search) is that there are problems when trying to use from a Windows 10 source. As in it won't connect

Cheers
    Dave

Currently listening to:

Wilmslow Audio Gemini speakers with external crossovers | DCB1 -> Neurochrome 86 Monos | Matrix Audio X-SPDIF 2 -> Denafrips Pontus II | Roon Server/ HQPlayer | Spotfire interconnects / speaker cable

I'm Jerry.

I know of a modified Beresford SEG for sale...

I'm Flo.

I have one in mint cond if you are interested - opera consonance d linear 8c

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by Neversmileatacrocodile View Post
    Somewhere between £150 and £250. I would prefer one with a USB input DSD and 384KHz sample rates unnecessary!
    Thanks for looking
    Neil
    You didn't mean necessary? What bit and sample rates do you want?

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence001 View Post
    You didn't mean necessary? What bit and sample rates do you want?
    Up to 24/192 at very most. It's just to play my ripped CD collection, so 99% of the stuff is 16/44. No intentions of using streaming services.

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Neversmileatacrocodile View Post
    Up to 24/192 at very most. It's just to play my ripped CD collection, so 99% of the stuff is 16/44. No intentions of using streaming services.
    It would also be wise that the DAC is compatible with Windows 10 and latest MAC operation systems. Anything Windows 7 only probably best avoided.
    Regards Neil

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral Morn View Post
    It would also be wise that the DAC is compatible with Windows 10 and latest MAC operation systems. Anything Windows 7 only probably best avoided.
    Thanks - I hadn't realised that was an issue. That rather rules out older models, - digital doesn't age gracefully, does it?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast