+ Reply to Thread

Thread: WTD: Bass-mid drivers 8 inch

I'm Edward.

Default WTD: Bass-mid drivers 8 inch

Anyone got a pair of 8 inch bass-mid drivers they no longer need please?

Something that goes over 5khz. Ideally something in the 6-8khz range.

I have some AR4x cabinets (no drivers) which I was going to bin but with a bit of wood restore experimenting they have come up much better than I had imagined. So as an experiment may try putting in some drivers to see how they sound. Already have some AMT tweeters (which go down to 5khz) and with adjusting the existing AR4x crossovers to cater for new drivers the sounds could be nice. Anyway just an experiment.

Maybe 6.5 inch drivers as an alternative - I guess I could adjust the baffle cutout.

PM details and cost.

Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

I'm Geoff.

I have a pair of brand new boxed (NOS) Heybrook HB100 eight inch bass/mid drivers spare at the moment. They were intended to go in a sealed cabinet around the AR4 size. The HB100 crossed over at 4kHz, but these drivers may well be usable at higher frequencies. Not checked impedance yet, but suspect 8 ohms.

If you're interested, I can provide a photo.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Edward.

This may well be perfect Geoff, particularly as the drivers were used in a sealed cab. As you say probably 8 ohms. If it is easy to check that would be great. I tried to find some specs (particularly max freq) but so far nothing found.

Perhaps I can wait for a couple of days to see if anyone else has something please. I'll let you know either way. The price you mentioned is just fine.
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

I'm Geoff.

I'll measure the coils to estimate impedance and send you a photo anyway.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Edward.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    I'll measure the coils to estimate impedance and send you a photo anyway.

+ Reply to Thread