+ Reply to Thread

Thread: WANTED - Tall Hifi Rack

I'm Robert.

Default WANTED - Tall Hifi Rack

Anybody have a tall rack they'd like to move on ?

I'm after something about 4ft tall approx

Top shelf 2ft wide and around 53cm deep

Shout me a pm.....
    My System:
    Amplification - Sansui AU-alpha 707 DR
    Turntable - Technics SP10 MK2-Technics EPA-250 Tonearm-Yannis Tome 423.5Plus tonearm cable-Eichmann KLEI Absolute Harmony plugs.
    Ortofon Cadenza Black moving coil cartridge-Fritz Gyger S re-tip. Panzerholz plinth.

CDP - Pioneer PD-91
    Speakers - Spendor D7 on Soundcare SuperSpikes
    QED Silver Spiral speaker cable-airloc banana plugs
    Mains - Ultra Pure silver plated un-switched socket-Missing link EPS 500 silver plated plugs-Hi-Fi Tuning gold plated silver ceramic 13 amp fuses

I'm Kim.

I have a Soundstyle XS105 rack in silver with silver/blue glass shelves you can have if you can collect. It's in very good condition - though I'm sure you'd find some marks if you look closely. It's even boxed.

Also the 3 shelf AV version in similar finish if that's any interest.
    Garrard 401 / EAR / AURALiC / DAC? / Spendor
    Border Patrol / Naim / Harbeth

I'm Chris.

Have a 6 tier solid metal tube rack in Bristol, if you're ever this way. exact details if needed......IMG_4902.jpg
    Terrible pic attached!
    Chris.

I'm Robert.

Hi Chris,

although Bristol would be v difficult for me, do you have better pics by any chance ?

The Wailers Zippo Catch A fire caught my eye - I have a lovely original of that one too
    My System:
    Turntable - Technics SP10 MK2-Technics EPA-250 Tonearm-Yannis Tome 423.5Plus tonearm cable-Eichmann KLEI Absolute Harmony plugs.
    Ortofon Cadenza Black moving coil cartridge-Fritz Gyger S re-tip. Panzerholz plinth.

CDP - Pioneer PD-91
    Mains - Ultra Pure silver plated un-switched socket-Missing link EPS 500 silver plated plugs-Hi-Fi Tuning gold plated silver ceramic 13 amp fuses

I'm Dominic.

Quote Originally Posted by RobbieGong View Post
    Anybody have a tall rack they'd like to move on ?

I'm after something about 4ft tall approx

Top shelf 2ft wide and around 53cm deep

Shout me a pm.....

I did an internet search last night for a rack with those measurements but I couldn't find any thing close in stock form.

Perhaps you could contact Hi Fi Racks to see if they will build one for you.

I have a 7 shelf rack which is 40 inches high, 2 ft wide, but only 40 cm deep. It has 10mm smoked glass shelves and threaded rods for the uprights and it weighs a ton. Would like to downsize but need to find a replacement first.
    CD player = Marantz CD6006
    DAC/pre = Rotel RC 1572
    Power amp = ADA PF201
    Speaks = Quadral Chromium Style 6

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by nonuffin View Post
    I did an internet search last night for a rack with those measurements but I couldn't find any thing close in stock form.

I have a 7 shelf rack which is 40 inches high, 2 ft wide, but only 40 cm deep. It has 10mm smoked glass shelves and threaded rods for the uprights and it weighs a ton. Would like to downsize but need to find a replacement first.
    I too had a look around last night, and the max depth I could find was about 47cm. Although if I was buying one, and the shelves were glass I would have a glazing supplier make me a top shelf to the required depth (and they can even bevel the edges, although the cost would end up about £80). Still, if you only need the top shelf to be deeper that could be an option.

Just occurred to me, that for similar money the top shelf could probably be made from granite, in a choice of colours and thicknesses. That might be quite cool
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Robert.

Quote Originally Posted by nonuffin View Post

Yeah thanks guys.

Coincidentally, I had actually been toying with the idea of going Hi-Fi Racks to my own dimensions, which I'd really like to do.

However and as with most things, down to funds and I'm running out of things to sell
    My System:

CDP - Pioneer PD-91

I'm Lawrence.

Let me measure mine when I get home, worth a try.

Sent from my BLN-L21 using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread