+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Installing a Jelco 850 in a Technics 1200

I'm Alberto.

Default Installing a Jelco 850 in a Technics 1200

Hi there,

I've bought a Jelco 850 for my technics 1210 and received it today. I have a Zu Audio Mission phono cable which is RCA to RCA and I don't know wether to buy a new Jelco 5pin phono cable or cut the rca and solder a 5 pin connector. On this last case what 5pin connector would you buy it? I've seen a 5pin cardas connector but it cost around 100, I think is too much...
    What 5pin connector I'd need for my technics a straight or 90?

Many thanks

I'm Hugo.

There is not much room underneath a Technics SL-1200, so you usually need a right-angle (90 degree) mini-DIN connector to prevent the cable from being jammed hard against the supporting platform.

Zavfino 1877Phono's TAD-2R is the best connector, at reasonable cost, and it's used by many other cable makers for very good reason. Alternatively, the unbelievably excellent Zavfino 1877Phono COVE tonearm cable is only 69 (plus postage outside the UK) and uses the same connector. I sell Zavfino 1877Phono but you might be able to find a retailer in Spain.

I'm Adrian.

Quote Originally Posted by Souldust View Post
    Hi there,

I've bought a Jelco 850 for my technics 1210 and received it today. I have a Zu Audio Mission phono cable which is RCA to RCA and I don't know wether to buy a new Jelco 5pin phono cable or cut the rca and solder a 5 pin connector. On this last case what 5pin connector would you buy it? I've seen a 5pin cardas connector but it cost around 100, I think is too much...
    What 5pin connector I'd need for my technics a straight or 90?

Many thanks
    On my Voyd TT I made a short lead with a right angle 5 Din to connect to my existing Furutech AG-12 as this is a bit stiff and would impeded the sprung chassis. I purchased some shielded Cardas tone arm cable from the HiFi collective or you perhaps Ammonite can supply some then put the necessary RCAs on the other end.

https://www.hificollective.co.uk/wir...re-shield.html
    [FONT="Arial"]
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound

Voyd the Voyd (slightly modified), SME IV arm(special build virtually a V) and JELCO TK850M(10"), Benz Micro LP-S & Michel Cusis MC cartridge, Furutech AG-12-R4 High Performance Phono Cable, LFD MMC special phono stage, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi to Beresford Caiman SEG DAC, Meridian 508 CD to Caiman SEG, ALLNIC T1500 MKII SET 300B amp, Vienna Acoustics Mozart SE speakers and JBL L100 Century's , Chord Epic speaker leads, & signature links, the Eccose Conductor CA1 cd to pre

I'm Robert.

Quote Originally Posted by Ammonite Acoustics View Post
    There is not much room underneath a Technics SL-1200, so you usually need a right-angle (90 degree) mini-DIN connector to prevent the cable from being jammed hard against the supporting platform.

Zavfino 1877Phono's TAD-2R is the best connector, at reasonable cost, and it's used by many other cable makers for very good reason. Alternatively, the unbelievably excellent Zavfino 1877Phono COVE tonearm cable is only 69 (plus postage outside the UK) and uses the same connector. I sell Zavfino 1877Phono but you might be able to find a retailer in Spain.
    150% correct as this was my experience too where the straight DIN was impeded by the shelf underneath my 1210. This meant that vta adjust was badly compromised / hindered so I ended up with the exact 1877 right angle DIN Hugo recommends here.

Great connector and very reasonable cost too. I found it perfect for the job on the end of my Yannis Tome phono interconnect
    My System:
    Amplification - Sansui AU-alpha 707 DR
    Turntable - Imminent........
    CDP - Pioneer PD-91
    Speakers - Spendor D7 on Soundcare SuperSpikes
    QED Silver Spiral speaker cable, Airlock plugs - bare wire amp end.
    Mains - Ultra Pure silver plated un-switched socket, Missing link EPS 500 silver plated plugs with Hi-Fi Tuning gold plated silver ceramic 13 amp fuses

I'm Alberto.

I just ordered a Jelco right angle cable and I don't have to cut the zu audio cable. In a few days I'll have it at home and try to install the arm.

Thanks guys

+ Reply to Thread