+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cost of Decca London tonearm rewire

I'm Hal.

Default Cost of Decca London tonearm rewire

Trying to get an idea how much rewiring a Decca London unipivot arm will be, I've asked for some quotes but this is a unknown arm in Australia and I can't get a set price, the tech's are giving their hourly rate but that's all.
    Although it's old as the hills I quite like the London, it's a relaxed musical performer, and given the huge price of new arms I'm not looking to replace it. The other issue with replacing it is that its one of the few 9in arms that will mount on a SP10.
    Since this is a UK arm I'm hoping I can get an idea of time and cost, it's also not impossible I'd send it to the UK for the work to be done.
    Without music, powerboat racing, photography and a whole stack of other stuff that floats my boat, life is just a non stop procession of deadlines and bills.

I'm Karl.

Maybe give johnny at audio origami a shout. Hes a whizz with tonearms

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    CTC Classic 301 , SPH bearing and Hanze Hifi HAT CPS-2 all analogue power supply / Tenuto Mk2 mat / custom Panzerholz and Kewasinga articulating plinth / Track audio isolation feet / Reed tonearm / Audio Technica ART 9 / 2 box BigBottle mk3 phonostage with Clarity cap CMR and NOS Telefunkens valves / Croft 25R preamp with upgraded 12BH7A line stage and NOS 1956 RCA valves / Croft 7R monoblocks with NOS 56 RCA valves/ Dynaudio Contour 30i speakers / Spotfire interconnects and speaker cables / Merlin Scorpion mains block / Rhodium mains cables / Marantz CD DAC /

I'm Paul.

Default EMT

I second Bigbird as Johnny7 did a sterling job modding and Cardas wiring my EMT 929 tonearm and I would use no one else....
    EMT 930ST
    Garrard 301/3009 MK1
    Micro Seiki MR-711/MA-202L
    Stax SRA-3S MM phono amplifier
    Nagra BPSv2 phonostage
    BigBottle BB3 Phonostage
    Telefunken Bv.42-01 Transformer
    Hashimoto HM-3 Transformer
    Braun CC4 Transformer
    Ortofon Spu Synergy
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Miyajima Waza