+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hi from Taniel

I'm Taniel.

Default Hi from Taniel

Hello everybody,

My name is Taniel I am a 31 year old Vinyl lover and the CEO of Degritter record cleaning machine company. We are a small business located in Estonia with 8 employees and we released our ultrasonic RCM to the public in March this year.

The project originated from a personal need to clean records that I had been collecting and as I was too lazy to wash them, I started to look for solutions. At the time the only automatic RCM on the market was AudioDesk and it seemed a bit too basic for its price.

So, at the end of 2014 I put together a team of four for building an alternative machine with great cleaning effect, usability, looks and form factor in mind. We started with a team a physicist, mechatronics engineer, electrical engineer and me (IT background) and we estimated that it would take us about 1-2 years to have an RCM available on the market. Had I known then the complexity of the task that we undertook, I would have seriously reconsidered.

Over the years, we:
    - accumulated an impressive collection of pumps for testing
    - prototyped and tested five types of water sensors with different operating principle
    - created 7 iterations of product design before arriving to the current one
    - designed and prototyped more than 10 ultrasonic cleaning tanks for record cleaning
    - designed and built 8 iterations of working ultrasonic amplifiers
    - designed and built 6 iterations of LCD control panels for the machine
    - tested two generations of the machine with Beta testers

The downside of all this is that while I see records every day at work, I have not had as much time as I would like to listen to them. I hope that in the next few years this will change

I'm alan.

Welcome Taniel.

Gosh that's 2 new members in 24 hrs that embrace the vinyl.

A refreshing change from the stream team.

I'm James.

Welcome Taniel, always good to hear from new members who appreciate vinyl.
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm Geoff.

Hello Taniel. Welcome to AOS.

I'm sure your products will be of interest here.

If you wish to promote them you will need a trade account, so please contact Marco the site owner by PM (personal message) or email.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Steve.

And a discount for AOS members would be nice
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

+ Reply to Thread