+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Everything is somebody else's fault

I'm Rich.

Quote Originally Posted by alphaGT View Post
    That sounds a bit like my Brother-in-law’s father. He owned a Crane company, had a wife and 3 kids. His wife died of cancer, and he immediately disowned his 3 children! He married some younger woman, (she’s not all that, with his money he could have done better) and her and her daughter are spending his money as fast as they can. My Bro-in-law went to his office, to try and patch things up, and the old fool slipped out the side entrance! He sold the company for $9 million, but still works as the President. He’s over 80 years old! Making money is all he knows, and it has poisoned his life! He lives in suspicion that everyone only pretends to like him for his money, his paranoia has destroyed his relationship with his children, I honestly feel sorry for him! And I may be the farthest thing from rich, but if being rich does that to a man, I’m glad I’m not rich.

Russell
    It's like a madness isn't it? My boss insists on counting every last nut and bolt he gets an invoice for. I know it would be terrible business sense to just give money away, but there has to be a point where good sense is replaced by paranoia.

I agree about how some people handle wealth. I wish I had more financial sense, but at least I know when I die my friends will turn up at my funeral to mourn me, not just to be there when the money is counted.

Clearaudio Emotion with Clearaudio Performer cart
    Copland CDA 266
    Copland CSA 28
    Squeezebox Touch
    Impulse Lali
    Van Damme I/Cs and cables

I'm joe.

Quote Originally Posted by alphaGT View Post
    That sounds a bit like my Brother-in-law’s father. He owned a Crane company, had a wife and 3 kids. His wife died of cancer, and he immediately disowned his 3 children! He married some younger woman, (she’s not all that, with his money he could have done better) and her and her daughter are spending his money as fast as they can. My Bro-in-law went to his office, to try and patch things up, and the old fool slipped out the side entrance! He sold the company for $9 million, but still works as the President. He’s over 80 years old! Making money is all he knows, and it has poisoned his life! He lives in suspicion that everyone only pretends to like him for his money, his paranoia has destroyed his relationship with his children, I honestly feel sorry for him! And I may be the farthest thing from rich, but if being rich does that to a man, I’m glad I’m not rich.

Russell
    I'd like to give it a go, just to see whether the money turned me into A Bad Person.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    I'd like to give it a go, just to see whether the money turned me into A Bad Person.
    The money certainly makes it easier for A Bad Person to be one. Hmm, the name Robert Maxwell just sprang to mind.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Gary.

Robert Maxwell was OK, he just had bad press
    Marantz CD63 KI Signature
    Project Debut II
    Pioneer A656 Reference
    Epos M5s
    Atacama Stands
    Maplin speaker cable cos I can't hear a difference
    Various interconnects as above

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaz View Post
    Robert Maxwell was OK, he just had bad press
    Yeah, anyone who thinks Robert Maxwell was a Bad Person should take a long hard look in The Mirror
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Jim.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaz View Post
    I blame the judges, they have the power to tell the lawyers to stop wasting the courts time with such nonsense
    I agree. I've long thought this.

I'm Martin.

Parliament is full of lawyers which is why we have this ambulance-chasing crap to begin with. And the PM at the time it was allowed to start was a lawyer too.

Round here they cut all the trees down because too many people were claiming for tripping over the tree roots. Too expensive to contest the claim so it's just payday after payday. And wasn't exactly Beverly Hills to begin with either. Unintended consequences eh?
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Martin.

Makes you think though, when stone age man was being chased by a sabre-tooth tiger if he tripped on a tree root he was done for. So he looked where he was bloody-well going. Society 'evolves' and now we have spice zombies tottering into the road in front of cars. At least we've got the big screen tellies. They can't take that away from us.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Russell.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    I have a pretty good idea that I’d be a womanizing, substance abusing, revenge seeking type, if I had the money! So, probably for the best that I don’t play the lottery?

Russell

I'm Russell.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Parliament is full of lawyers which is why we have this ambulance-chasing crap to begin with. And the PM at the time it was allowed to start was a lawyer too.

Round here they cut all the trees down because too many people were claiming for tripping over the tree roots. Too expensive to contest the claim so it's just payday after payday. And wasn't exactly Beverly Hills to begin with either. Unintended consequences eh?
    In the US, we have what is called, “Winning the Ghetto Lottery”, anyone who claims Police Brutality usually settles out of court for big money! Whether the police are guilty or not, just to prevent riots and public destruction.

The man’s name slips my mind, but this man robbed a convenience store, a cop tried to arrest him, they struggle, he tries to take the officer’s gun, the officer gets control of the gun and shoots him dead. But the news interviewed eye witnesses, who were later found they weren’t there at all, who claimed he had his hands in the air and the cop just shot him for no reason! There was a huge riot! Looting stores, burning cars, assaulting people. Much later Body cam footage revealed the truth. The officer had to move to another state! And the police settled out of court, gave his parents $35 million dollars! Talk about setting a bad precedent! Since then, everybody and their brother sues the police for brutality. And the media is complicit in stirring up this trouble for law enforcement.

Russell

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast