+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Everything is somebody else's fault

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Speak for yourself!

Oh and I also favour Martin's uncle's approach to policing. It was undoubtedly far more effective.

Marco.

P.S Like your new avvy... Have you got one 'brewing' now?
    Cheers, I've had the t shirt since the 80's, on the front it says CHOOSE LIFE in giant letters, but I always thought the back was a bit plain. Didn't cost much to have printed, and it's only fair I warn people
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Russell.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Pretty much. Added to which locals tended to sort out their own problems without involving the police at all. Someone caught thieving would get a good hiding for example. Someone knocking their wife or girlfriend about would get a 'visit' from her father and/or brothers. Reporting any of that to the authorities was 'grassing' and would also result in a beating.
    I’ve often said about modern society, when these abused and molested women and their families are crying because her attacker has gotten off Scott free due to some technicality, I’m wondering why it ever got to court? Where are her men folk?

When there was such a case on TV, I instructed my wife and daughter that if any man ever laid hands on them, to tell me, and no one else. Whatever the cops have for him is not sufficient. And if no one knows but me, then I’m not even a suspect. But if you call the cops, and he gets off, and then you do something, you’re obviously the first suspect. People depend on the government to handle all of their problems, and then are upset when they screw it up. Since when has the government ever done anything different?

Russell

I'm Steve.

Easy for you to say, with your .38 special, but on this side of the pond we are more dependant upon our fighting skills, of which I have none But you are correct, justice is far too important to be left in the hands of the police and courts. Better to say nowt, and quietly do what needs done.

Your comment about the government being no use reminds me of something a wise man once said: "What have the Romans ever done for us?" Now where did I hear that?
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm joe.

Plus, of course, taking the 'DIY' approach to revenge attacks too far leads to honour killings and the like.

I'm Russell.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Easy for you to say, with your .38 special, but on this side of the pond we are more dependant upon our fighting skills, of which I have none But you are correct, justice is far too important to be left in the hands of the police and courts. Better to say nowt, and quietly do what needs done.

Your comment about the government being no use reminds me of something a wise man once said: "What have the Romans ever done for us?" Now where did I hear that?
    I had an old friend who used to say, “nothing a ski mask and a baseball bat can’t fix”. Sometimes you’ve just got to get their attention.

Russell

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213