+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Digione Signature - Chord MOJO Roon set up

I'm David.

Default Digione Signature - Chord MOJO Roon set up

I have just set up my Digione Signature - Chord Mojo digital front end running Roon on a RoPieee distribution. It all went together well and after I had managed to sort out the IP address of the Pi and get onto the RoPieee webpage to add the settings it all worked beautifully. I set is up originally with a spare amp and speakers but this evening transferred it over to my main system. I have been running the IQ audio PI-DAC+ until now on Volumio originally but then recently on Roon and was very pleased with the sound of the system so I was very interested to hear what the new front end would sound like. Well after an evening of listening I am well pleased with my purchases. There is new clarity to the sound - it is not harsh or hard just very confident and clear. The sound stage is fantastic. My QUAD 57s speakers are great at imaging but this is now on a different level completely. The speakers are just lost in the room with a beautiful curved wall of sound infront of me while I listen. Voices are beautiful and there was one track I played where the drums on the track were the most real and impactful I have ever heard from a hi-fi. I am running the Signature from two phone chargers at the moment but will get round to getting a better powersupply for the clean side when I get the chance. If anyone has a suggestion for a clean 5v supply then maybe you could let me know. Anyway a highly recommended combination. I cannot see how paying an extra £1500 for a Chord Hugo 2 could make that much difference and the Digione Signature has been compared favourably to an Auralic Aries G1 which costs nearly £2000. I got my Mojo off ebay for £250 and the Signature cost about £300 so for £550 I think I have got an absolute bargain!!!! Can't wait to listen to my favourite digital albums now and my digital side is getting a litlle bit nearer to my Garrard 401 - VDH Colibri - SME V vinyl experience.
    David
    Equipment Garrard 401 Slate Plinth SME V Van Den Hul Colibri cartridge
    Lector Phonostage
    Raspberry Pi Allo Digione Signature Streamer, Chord Mojo dac running Roon distribution
    Audiopax Model 5 pre-amplifier
    Croft Series 3 OTL amplifier
    Quad ELS 57 speakers (some of the last built SNs in the region of 52000)
    REL Strata V subwoofer

I'm stuart.

Do you fancy a DIY power supply, there are a couple worth building which are very good (L-Adapter or AMB Sigma)?
    Other than that there are the fairly cheap Chinese linear supplies on Ebay which I'm not a great fan of as they are usually built with 220V transformers, then there are the iFi power supplies which get good reviews, SBooster BOBW and then stuff from Longdog audio but you're up into the several hundreds of £££ at that point.
    Allo have also just brought out their own dual power supply (Shanti), specifically for the Signature or Katana - Josie has just done a review 3 or 4 posts below your post in this forum.
    Garrard 401, Jelco 750 with Shuggie, Ortofon 2M Black / ZYX Yatra 100, Project Phono RS with Sigma22 Linear PS, RPi3 + DigiOne + Linear PS, RPi3/1Tb SSD with PiCorePlayer + Linear PS, Perreaux Eloquence 250i 40th Anniversary with ES9038Pro DAC, DCG3 Pre-Amp, Neurochrome 8x2 Pre-Amp, Neurochrome 686 Power amp, Benchmark DAC2 HGC, Primare V25 CD player, Monitor Audio PL300, Sjostrom DCT03 DC Blocker.

I'm James.

These are what you need. Chinese, cheap and very well built.

[IMG]P1010203 by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/162281319@N03/]Jn Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]P1010204 by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/162281319@N03/]lickr[/IMG]
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm David.

Have you got a link to a site where I can get them? David
    David
    Lector Phonostage
    Raspberry Pi Allo Digione Signature Streamer, Chord Mojo dac running Roon distribution
    REL Strata V subwoofer

I'm David.

Thanks for the information. The Shanti block looks good and should do the trick I think.
    David
    Lector Phonostage
    REL Strata V subwoofer

I'm James.

Shanti LPSU

https://www.allo.com/sparky/shanti.html

The two LPSU units I have posted are £50 each are obviously separate transformers. Don't know how they compare with the Allo Shanti?
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    Shanti LPSU

https://www.allo.com/sparky/shanti.html

The two LPSU units I have posted are £50 each are obviously separate transformers. Don't know how they compare with the Allo Shanti?
    Wont be a lot in it Jim except for about £60 saving buying the two Chinese units.

The shanti has a dual output transformer so to provide the differing voltages.

I'd actually prefer two separate LPSU's and still think the cheapy Chinese made ones are of a far better build than people would realize.

The Shanti is good for those who want less boxes but I'd still go for entirely separate LPSU's.

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    Wont be a lot in it Jim except for about £60 saving buying the two Chinese units.

The shanti has a dual output transformer so to provide the differing voltages.

I'd actually prefer two separate LPSU's and still think the cheapy Chinese made ones are of a far better build than people would realize.

The Shanti is good for those who want less boxes but I'd still go for entirely separate LPSU's.

I have to agree Oli, two separate LPSU more likely to sound better than one with two outputs, as we found out!

I'm stuart.

Beware, there are 3 possibilities here:

1. 1 transformer with 1 secondary, 1 dc board, 2 outputs - essentially a single power supply with paralleled outputs. A lot of the dual Chinese units I've seen are this type.
    2. 1 transformer with 2 secondary's, 2 dc boards, 2 individual outputs
    3. 2 transformers with 1 secondary each, 2 dc boards, 2 individual outputs

I believe the Shanti is the 2nd type from what I've read.

I certainly wouldn't use a type 1 with a DigiOne or Boss but don't see any reason why type 2 or 3 would make any difference.
    Garrard 401, Jelco 750 with Shuggie, Ortofon 2M Black / ZYX Yatra 100, Project Phono RS with Sigma22 Linear PS, RPi3 + DigiOne + Linear PS, RPi3/1Tb SSD with PiCorePlayer + Linear PS, Perreaux Eloquence 250i 40th Anniversary with ES9038Pro DAC, DCG3 Pre-Amp, Neurochrome 8x2 Pre-Amp, Neurochrome 686 Power amp, Benchmark DAC2 HGC, Primare V25 CD player, Monitor Audio PL300, Sjostrom DCT03 DC Blocker.

I'm David.

Jimbo This seems to be the same sort as you are using : https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DC-25W-DC...4AAOSwzetct~Ff . What is to stop you using both outputs from this power supply - in my case one for the dirty and one for the clean on my Digi0ne Signature. I see you are a Croft fan from your equipment list. I have a Croft Series 3 OTL which I love but am thinking about a 25RS pre sometime.Do you think there would be much in it from the 25R+ to the RS? David
    David
    Lector Phonostage
    REL Strata V subwoofer

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast