+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast

Thread: Crap Weather For July

I'm Steve.

Temp today low 20s, and that is just right for me. Shame it's been pissistantly raining all day.

Thursday was torture, I was out in it all day, and though I drank gallons of water, I didn't pee all day. Which can't be good. Customer was looking sideways at me a bit, as I never asked to use the loo. He was very clear about where the toilet was and that I should just go without asking, he left the door unlocked for us. I think he suspected we were just using a corner of the garden.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    We've had 21 hours of continuous rain. It's cool outside but baking in my house. Obviously it's soaked up enough heat over the past week that the Edwardian air conditioning is no longer effective.

Having a hundred watt class A amplifier running isn't helping either. So I'm drinking beer to keep cool.
    You're living inside what is a basically a giant storage heater.

I thought you would have something cooler to run during the hot weather. One of those little T-amp jobbies would be ideal.

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:

A/V:

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    You're living inside what is a basically a giant storage heater.

I thought you would have something cooler to run during the hot weather. One of those little T-amp jobbies would be ideal.
    I normally use a pair of class A amps with a standing dissipation of 800W. But with this hot weather I've replaced them with a pair of Quad 510s, having a much lower dissipation.
    Barry

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    I normally use a pair of class A amps with a standing dissipation of 800W. But with this hot weather I've replaced them with a pair of Quad 510s, having a much lower dissipation.
    I was worrying a little about my 300b SET amp, and thought I should put my Wazoo amp in its place. But it's gone cooler now so should be ok. But how do people in hot countries go on, are Class A amps a no-no for them?

T'other system:

A/V:

I'm TheMostHonestPersonYouWillMeet.

I remember how my AN 300b amp heated up nicely and was certainly ok when it was cooler, don't think it'd be good though at the mo with the hotter weather... mind you the ML gets warm'ish but not in the same way the 300b did
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    I was worrying a little about my 300b SET amp, and thought I should put my Wazoo amp in its place. But it's gone cooler now so should be ok. But how do people in hot countries go on, are Class A amps a no-no for them?
    I don't really know. Whilst I have spent time in numerous hot countries around the world, listening to 'hi fi' was not a major interest or concern at the time. But I have visited Japan which can be both hot and humid, and did visit various hi-fi emporia there. I assume they relied on effective air conditioning in their stores.
    Barry

I'm Vince.

My Musical Fidelity AMS 35i certainly warms the room. Gets mad hot even when not playing any music, as it's pure class A and always it's drawing current. Certainly worth it though..... gorgeous sounds.

I'm Steve.

Still lashing down here, but no thunder/lightning, which will be much to Anita's relief. Thunder scares her shitless, and she thinks there's something wrong with me for liking it.

No car boot sales today, so next week I'll have to double up on my fix of super-cheap CDs I'll probably never play. Mrs. P was away last night visiting a friend, which may explain why I'm listening to Lou Reed's 'White Light/White Heat' rather loudly at 7.30am

T'other system:

A/V:

I'm Martin.

Still raining here and heavily too. Think it has been going on all night. Might have to go and take another look at the river.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Robin.

Still raining here
    Regards
    Robin

Acoustic Solid Wood MPX, Ortofon Quintet Bronze
    Pathos Classic Remix Amp, dac
    Cyrus Signature phono stage
    Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i
    ART Stiletto 6V3. Loudspeakers

+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast