+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MC for about £300 - Sae 1000e, DL-301, Eroica etc?

I'm Paul.

Default Merlo

Enjoy and I am a fan of Technihard headshells myself having a 15 gram in my stable....
    EMT 930ST
    Garrard 301/3009 MK1
    Micro Seiki MR-711/MA-202L
    Stax SRA-3S MM phono amplifier
    Nagra BPSv2 phonostage
    BigBottle BB3 Phonostage
    Telefunken Bv.42-01 Transformer
    Hashimoto HM-3 Transformer
    Braun CC4 Transformer
    Ortofon Spu Synergy
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Miyajima Waza
    Denon 103SA
    Audio Technica AT33 Mono
    IFI Pro Linestage
    PYE HF12 KT66 Monoblocks
    Uchida Sun Audio SV-300BE
    Crimson Elektrik CS1500
    Quantum Electronics 202D
    Marantz 1060 Integrated
    Western Electric Line Transformer
    Yamaha CDR-HD1500
    Tannoy 15" Bespoke

I'm Kai.

Quote Originally Posted by Miller View Post
    Enjoy and I am a fan of Technihard headshells myself having a 15 gram in my stable....
    Thanks! For headshells, the AT-MG10 has become my go-to favourite because it's cheap, readily available 2nd hand and just plain works. It doesn't have any adjustments, you'll just have to rely on the cart mfg having put things together properly... But it sounds great, or rather doesn't... The first time I heard one, it was a revelation after being used to the cheap and flimsy aluminum types the world is full of, which seem to coat everything with a weird sheen, especially if used with anything other than very high compliance MM cartridges. The Technihard I got fairly recently, in both 13 & 15g versions, though to be honest I wouldn't recommend the 13g one. I didn't realize it's so awfully short. I did manage to mount my Pickering XLZ (which I use with a heavy tracking stylus) on it, but just barely. The 15g version looks a lot more usable already. I had plans for that 15g one, but then this Transrotor came available and I had to jump on it at that price. I thought I was buying the regular version and was quite happy about the price, but when I went to pick it up the seller had realized it's actually the Reference - he had got it with a used TT, but never even tried it since he had no MC capable preamp and didn't want to enter that rabbit hole. Probably a wise move on his part

I'm Charlie.

I wish they would make a black version of the Technihard!

I'm Kai.

Quote Originally Posted by Chas B View Post
    I wish they would make a black version of the Technihard!
    Actually they do, sort of. But the new black version has threadless holes which go through the headshell, so they can be used with cartridges with threaded holes. Of course you lose the nice and easy mounting of threadless carts + the look is not as clean, though if you got black screws, you'd get close... they have H suffix, so AT-LH15H, but I don't know if they use the same material + they don't seem to come with the PC-OCC wires + retail is a tenner more.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12