+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IC: Garrard 401 Flush strobe, RC Shindo style plinth & NWA upgraded bearing

I'm Adam.

Default IC: Garrard 401 Flush strobe, RC Shindo style plinth & NWA upgraded bearing

Now for sale...my lovely Garrard 401 (repainted in hammertone grey),
    Upgraded NWA Bearing/spindle and 2 x Arm Russ Collinson Sapele wood plinth.

So after lots of deliberation...
    I maybe looking to go off on another direction.

My early Flush Strobe Garrard 401 runs silent and has been serviced last year.
    Motor total stripped down, relubrication, all linkage re-grease.
    It was stripped and repainted last year by Ray Clarke of 'Classic Turntable Co.'
    in beautiful Grey Hammertone paint. The original Garrard 401 mat is in great condition.

It will come with the hugely over engineered upgraded N.W.A Bearing/Spindle.
    This brought a very noticeable new dynamic presentation and runs silent. The tolerance on this bearing is incredible. Well worth the upgrade and now unobtainable. This was a simple drop in replacement so can be swapped in and out with the the original Garrard Bearing spindle assembly, which will also be supplied.

The Turntable is fitted into a lovely ‘Shindo style’ Layers of Beauty, (Russ Collinson)
    2 arm plinth.

The plinth is beautiful Sapele Wood veneer on layered birch ply core.
    The plinth is designed so the turntable sits flush level with the plinth top. Clean.
    It will be sold with blank matching armboards for both the 9’’ and the 12’’ cut outs, x 2 of each Plus the 2 which are currently on duty. (cut for SME 12’’ & audio-technica ATP-12T arms)

It has an IEC plug socket so you can use a posh power cable if that floats your boat.
    The plinth is 570 mm long x 450mm. Adjustable levelling feet included.

Obviously very heavy indeed.

There is a dust cover which is the kind that totally covers the whole plinth
    which I actually may keep, but if I don’t will be included Free in the sale bundle.

Any demo very welcome.
    The Turntable is simply stunning to hear.

At this stage I won’t split (but I may later if the plinth is to be sold first!)
    More picture will be added of NWA bearing and blank arm boards.

£1350 for The package.Which is what it owes me

Tonearms are NOT included!

dust cover..
    Last edited by WESTLOWER; 29-06-2019 at 07:42. Reason: Change from IC to for Sale.
    "lack of passion is fatal"

Vinyl: Thorens TD-124mk2 / SME-312 Aluminium 'special' / SME M2-9R / STEREO: Etsuro Urushi Cobalt / Shure M3D / Ortofon SPU A95 / Cartridge Man Music Master / Shure - SC35C (US) / SAEC C3 MC MONO: Miyajima Zero B 0.7mil mono / Miyajima Premium 1.0 / Amps & SUTs: Radford STA25 mk3 / AD Audio 'Satchmo2' pre & LCR phono / Hashimoto HM-7 SUT / ETR-MONO SUT Digital: Audio Note 4.1 (with DAC5 upgrades) DAC / Roon / Tidal Speakers: Tannoy 12" MGs' in RFC custom 'Rutland' Cabinets with RFC crossovers / Tannoy ST-100 Super Tweeters Cables: LFD Grainless phono / RFC Mercury / Duelund DCA16GA tinned copper / Kimber 12TC / SW1X Audio Design USB-SPdif / Duelund DCA20GA interconnects / SW1X Audio SPDIF Aero 6 / Mains Power Conditioner / Box Furniture rack / Audiodesk Systeme Vinyl Cleaner / a very beautiful & understanding Wife!

montesquieu Guest

Wow! Never thought you'd sell this Adam.

Having heard this TT on a number of occasions and having a lot of experience with idlers myself, I can confirm this is one of the best 401s out there (as well as one of the nicest looking - that Hammertone finish is something else when you see it up front and it goes beautifully with the plinth which I think is waxed sapele) and a bit astonished that it can be had for this price.

I'm Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by montesquieu View Post
    Wow! Never thought you'd sell this Adam.

Having heard this TT on a number of occasions and having a lot of experience with idlers myself, I can confirm this is one of the best 401s out there (as well as one of the nicest looking - that Hammertone finish is something else when you see it up front and it goes beautifully with the plinth which I think is waxed sapele) and a bit astonished that it can be had for this price.
    Now, don't make me Wibble Wobble Tom..!

Vinyl: Thorens TD-124mk2 / SME-312 Aluminium 'special' / SME M2-9R / STEREO: Etsuro Urushi Cobalt / Shure M3D / Ortofon SPU A95 / Cartridge Man Music Master / Shure - SC35C (US) / SAEC C3 MC MONO: Miyajima Zero B 0.7mil mono / Miyajima Premium 1.0 / Amps & SUTs: Radford STA25 mk3 / AD Audio 'Satchmo2' pre & LCR phono / Hashimoto HM-7 SUT / ETR-MONO SUT Digital: Audio Note 4.1 (with DAC5 upgrades) DAC / Roon / Tidal Speakers: Tannoy 12" MGs' in RFC custom 'Rutland' Cabinets with RFC crossovers / Tannoy ST-100 Super Tweeters Cables: LFD Grainless phono / RFC Mercury / Duelund DCA16GA tinned copper / Kimber 12TC / SW1X Audio Design USB-SPdif / Duelund DCA20GA interconnects / SW1X Audio SPDIF Aero 6 / Mains Power Conditioner / Box Furniture rack / Audiodesk Systeme Vinyl Cleaner / a very beautiful & understanding Wife!

I'm Neil.

I would have an interest in the plinth.
    Regards Neil

I'm Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral Morn View Post
    I would have an interest in the plinth.
    Ok Neil, noted.
    As I say my preference is to sell the whole package.
    But if it splits you can have dibs on the plinth.

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by WESTLOWER View Post
    Ok Neil, noted.
    As I say my preference is to sell the whole package.
    But if it splits you can have dibs on the plinth.
    Thank you, and I understand.
    Regards Neil

I'm Adam.

Just to reply to contacts regarding making offers on this Lovely combo..
    The price is FIXED at £1350, I'm not inviting offers as It is very fairly priced indeed.
    Cheers

I'm Adam.

Blank arm boards

Upgraded NWA bearing

Under the hood..

I'm Kim.

This looks amazing - and extraordinary value. Had I not bought my own 401 and plinth a month ago, I would be very keen on this. Good luck with the sale (if you decide to let it go).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Garrard 401 / EAR / AURALiC / DAC? / Spendor
    Border Patrol / Naim / Harbeth

I'm Peter.

I've heard this on a couple of occasions, and I can honestly say that 401s don't come any better than this ime.
    Easily worth what he's asking

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast