+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Valve Front End

I'm Alan.

Default Valve Front End

Guys

Bit of advice - I am looking to replace my excellent Ear Yoshino 834P with 'something else'...…..
    System is Sondek, Ittok, the above mentioned 834 feeding a pair of Quad II / 80's into Harbeth 30.1...….I have a CD player which is not used and while the facility would be useful most of my serious listening is vinyl - and dedicated to the singer songwriter geniuses of the 70's/ 80s and 90s'...…..
    Obvious choice would be an 868 but before I spend £4k - £5 on one of those I want to think outside the box - any ideas?
    Cheers
    Alan P
    Last edited by AlanP; 28-06-2019 at 07:51.

I'm Alan.

Yes two suggestions.

I make a valve phono stage called the Vivant. I have a demo unit that you are welcome to try out. New price is £1200, ex-dem price £900.

Send your 834P to me for modification. I have a set of modifications that lift the performance a lot, cost about £100.

I'm Brook.

Hi Alan, I too would like to listen to your demo unit if there is a list to your name down anywhere? Only thing is I am not keen on the looks of the front plate, could you do one with a blank front without the name?

Cheers,

Brook.

I'm Mel.

If the front is an issue, i can do you a blank front plate if you give me a cardboard cutout of the original or a reasonable drawing with hole positions and sizes.

Either alloy or a nice brushed stainless. Would make it from scrap so no cost apart from a couple of pounds for p&p.

Could even spray it a silk sheen black if silver is not the color.

Mel

+ Reply to Thread