+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Good Cheap Closed Back Headphones?

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by alphaGT View Post
    How were those Koss electrostatics? I’ve always wanted a pair of electrostatic headphones!

Russell
    I had a pair of ESP9s several years ago, I rather preferred them to my Stax Lambdas (original version). I.thought the Koss were incredibly smooth compared to a slight grain or tizz in the Stax including a splashy or over-shimmery effect on cymbals. The Koss were heavy and the vinyl ear cups got sweaty, which is I think why I sold them. Would love to try them again though.

Sent from my BLN-L21 using Tapatalk

I'm Russell.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence001 View Post
    I had a pair of ESP9s several years ago, I rather preferred them to my Stax Lambdas (original version). I.thought the Koss were incredibly smooth compared to a slight grain or tizz in the Stax including a splashy or over-shimmery effect on cymbals. The Koss were heavy and the vinyl ear cups got sweaty, which is I think why I sold them. Would love to try them again though.

I’ve never had the opportunity to listen to a pair of electrostatic headphones. I’ve heard some full range speakers that wowed me! So I imagined they may be something I’d like to try. Unfortunately my health has kept me from getting out much, most high fi I hear is because I bought it. It seems a used set of electrostatic phones may be something I could easily afford to try? I’m guessing the Koss ESP9’s are less expensive than Stax?

Russell

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by alphaGT View Post
    I’ve never had the opportunity to listen to a pair of electrostatic headphones. I’ve heard some full range speakers that wowed me! So I imagined they may be something I’d like to try. Unfortunately my health has kept me from getting out much, most high fi I hear is because I bought it. It seems a used set of electrostatic phones may be something I could easily afford to try? I’m guessing the Koss ESP9’s are less expensive than Stax?

Russell
    I think they are, or they used to be. And far more common in the States too.

I'm guy.

I use B&W P3 headphones (fine with computer/portable), very comfortable for my shape of head and clear precise sound - these ones,P5 (more expensive model) are a very good deal at the moment:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bowers-Wilk...ateway&sr=8-14
    Last edited by guy; 18-08-2019 at 06:42. Reason: spelling, auto correct!
    LP12, Ittok (black), DV10X5, NVA Phono 2 (twin supply), NVAP50, Art Audio Quintet 15w power amp, NVA LS5 cable, Rega Ela mk1's.
    Sony CDP XB930.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12