+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Info for Caiman Seg

I'm EPAMEINONDAS.

Default Info for Caiman Seg

Hi guys, i am looking for info on Caiman Seg specs like : 1) what is the chip that uses? 2) What is the warranty (2 years?) for Greece? 3) offers a satisfaction guarantee or money back ? 4) Includes Seg-30 update? 5) How many shipping days for Greece? I coud not find those answers in " homehifi.co.uk". Sorry for my poor english, i hope you understand what i ask! Thank you in advance for your answer! I am just one klick away from purchase, so please answer soon

I'm EPAMEINONDAS.

P.S If you don΄t have all the answers, please give me the ones you have.

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Unfortunately I don't know - I do know I have the original Caiman for over 10 years and it is fabulous - performed faultlessly for a decade! Stan Beresford is an absolute gentleman - he's on here as StanleyB - try sending him a PM - I am sure he will answer your questions if none of us can.
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm EPAMEINONDAS.

Thank you Alex for the reply! Aristotle is one of the greatest philosophers

I'm EPAMEINONDAS.

Well i sent Stanley a PM in the morning and i am waiting his answer. I hope he will answer my questions soon (better tonight), cause i am ready for a new dac. in the meantime, I would greatly appreciate if one of you would answer me!

Quote Originally Posted by nontas View Post
    Well i sent Stanley a PM in the morning and i am waiting his answer. I hope he will answer my questions soon (better tonight), cause i am ready for a new dac. in the meantime, I would greatly appreciate if one of you would answer me!
    I have sold hundreds of the SEG without ever being asked a single one of those questions. I let users listen to the DAC, not worry about delivery etc. I am already rated as one of the fastest to deliver an item anywhere in the world. As for chips etc., it's irrelevant at this price range.

I'm EPAMEINONDAS.

Sorry for asking these questions, if that makes you feel annoyed. I just don΄t know much about SEG or any other of your products. I never listened to any of them, just found this dac on the web. If i don΄t know anything about a device, i think it΄s normal to ask things about it. Ι am glad you leave users listen to the DAC, so it will be not a risky order, nor a blind one. I know you are a gentleman and you will keep your word, so i am going to push the purchase button and i wiil be glad to keep it and maybe some of my friends do the same if they listen to the SEG and see your professionality.
    Last edited by nontas; 28-06-2019 at 23:12.

I'm Geoff.

I don't think I've ever heard of a dissatisfied Beresford customer Nondas. I think you'll be happy with your purchase.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Paul.

Great dac for the price.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
    Current system:
    RPi + Allo Digione
    Beresford Caiman Seg & Dorado powered by 15v Linear PSU
    Transcendent Sound Mini Beast OTL
    Amptastic Mini-1
    Klipsch KG4.5 Speakers with Titanium Diagphrams and Sonicap Cap upgrade
    110aH Leisure Battery powers the Mini-1 & Digione

I'm Andy.

Hi to add to this at the end of the day it's what it sounds like not what it's built from, what does it matter what chips it has in it. I have had two different DACs prior to Seg Caimen, the Schiit Bifrost and a Rega and the Caimen is better than both, my friend prefers my Caimen over his M-DAC which in UK is a £700 DAC. You do need to let it run in though mine took 80+ hours to truly sing. Yes it has a few idiosyncrasies and aesthetics are not great but I can assure you Stan's service is good old fashioned service. He does answer queries in reasonable time and don't forget he does offer money back guarantee if you don't like it (less any shipping costs) You won't find any other manufacturers doing this.
    "Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast