+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hi Guys

I'm Alan.

Default Hi Guys

Hi there - very much a vinyl and valve based person...old Linn Sondek (mid 80's I believe) EAR Yoshino 834P, pair of Quad 11 / 80's and Harbeth 30.1's......music is also stuck in the past i.e. Steely Dan, Linda Ronstadt etc......looking for advice, guidance and thoughts.....

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Welcome to AoS Alan, glad you found us. Looks like a great system - love Harbeth's especially and the 30.1's are superb. Post away with your questions and I am sure the folks will do their best to help. Hope you enjoy the forum.
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Shane.

Howdy! Welcome to AOS.

Have fun.

S.
    Shane Lonergan.

I'm Alan.

Thanks Alex - yep, I do like the Harbeth's - one attraction being the outspoken nature of their creator who (I think) was once quoted as saying that he had as much interest in Amplifiers as 'a lump of coal' - both simple sources of energy...…..if not what he said it does make a point.
    More to follow

I'm Geoff.

Hello Alan. Welcome to AOS.

I'm sure you'll find plenty to interest you here.

Just join in the chat and get to know everybody.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

+ Reply to Thread