+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hummers & tappers

I'm Rich.

Default Hummers & tappers

Has anyone noticed that when listening to music people usually either hum along to it or tap along to it? I wonder if it signifies that people are naturally inclined to be either a singer or percussionist/musician? I'm a tapper, maybe there are lots out there who do both.

Clearaudio Emotion with Clearaudio Performer cart
    Copland CDA 266
    Copland CSA 28
    Squeezebox Touch
    Impulse Lali
    Van Damme I/Cs and cables

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by stairpost View Post
    Has anyone noticed that when listening to music people usually either hum along to it or tap along to it? I wonder if it signifies that people are naturally inclined to be either a singer or percussionist/musician? I'm a tapper, maybe there are lots out there who do both.

That was Linn's test of a 'musical' system and one with 'PRaT' back in the Flat Earth days. It got to the point where no demonstration was without a demonstrator tapping his foot, or nodding their head in an ostentatious manner. Some of them even tapped their foot in time with the beat!
    Barry

I'm Rich.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    That was Linn's test of a 'musical' system and one with 'PRaT' back in the Flat Earth days. It got to the point where no demonstration was without a demonstrator tapping his foot, or nodding their head in an ostentatious manner. Some of them even tapped their foot in time with the beat!
    Is that the fabled "tune dem" that I've heard about? I never understood how that was supposed to work, I can listen to music on an old school FM single speaker radio and feel compelled to tap along. In fact, I listen all day to a Bluetooth speaker linked to Spotify on my work PC and I happily tap along, so how they expected to prove the unique benefits of a Linn system with it is beyond me. I always thought it was the music that got me going, not the method of delivery. I'd genuinely like to know what I'm failing to understand.

Copland CDA 266
    Copland CSA 28
    Squeezebox Touch
    Impulse Lali

I'm alan.

On feisty rock tracks I've been known to reach for my Air Guitar or Air Drumsticks....
    I also sing a lot with me cans on .....Which Shona hates and usually disconnects me...!!!

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Is that the fabled "tune dem" that I've heard about? I never understood how that was supposed to work, I can listen to music on an old school FM single speaker radio and feel compelled to tap along. In fact, I listen all day to a Bluetooth speaker linked to Spotify on my work PC and I happily tap along, so how they expected to prove the unique benefits of a Linn system with it is beyond me. I always thought it was the music that got me going, not the method of delivery. I'd genuinely like to know what I'm failing to understand.
    You're not failing to understand anything Rich. It was all part of Linn's marketing bullshit, which for reasons best known to themselves was appreciated by the Flat Earth faithful.

Anyone who says they cannot be moved by a piece of music played on a simple FM radio, is obviously missing something.
    Barry

I'm Gary.

You're not failing to understand anything Rich. It was all part of Linn's marketing bullshit, which for reasons best known to themselves was appreciated by the Flat Earth faithful.

Anyone who says they cannot be moved by a piece of music played on a simple FM radio, is obviously missing something.
    That will be me then, all I hear is tinny noise.

Gary
    It is easier to seek forgiveness than to ask permission

Rules are meant for the obedience of fools and the guidance of wise men

I'm Steve.

Apparently I often tap my feet to tunes playing in my head, when there is no music playing. Drives Anita mad, she'll say "what the bloody hell's playing in your head?"
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Rich.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Apparently I often tap my feet to tunes playing in my head, when there is no music playing. Drives Anita mad, she'll say "what the bloody hell's playing in your head?"
    Saves a fortune on hifi and music

Copland CDA 266
    Copland CSA 28
    Squeezebox Touch
    Impulse Lali

I'm Rich.

Glad it's not just me then. As much as I have enjoyed Linn kit over the years, and I do intend to own an LP12 again one day. There really is an odd atmosphere in Linnland.

Copland CDA 266
    Copland CSA 28
    Squeezebox Touch
    Impulse Lali

+ Reply to Thread