+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jimi Hendrix UHQR - Analogue Productions

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Played it a lot at Cranage- a lot of punters requested it and we were happy to oblige. It’s a stunning slab of plastic. How the hell they dragged so much more detail out is beyond me, makes earlier cuts sound broken.Not cheap but well worth it IMO. I bought one even though I can’t play it at the moment lol.
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Wayne.

So got round to playing my copy this morning - fuuuuuck! It is good, very very good.

Wow, if all LPs were pressed like this...

I'm Josie.

Lol... It's bloody good isn't it

Yes, I wish all were pressed like this. You can pay a lot for a bog standard pressing these days. It doesn't make sense. This copy has amazing packaging too.

I seriously doubt they would be selling them at a loss either.

Goes to show how much profit general limited edition record releases make.

Congratulations!

Sent from my 9001X using Tapatalk
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com
    - Audio Equipment Reviews
    Facebook

I'm Wayne.

The clarity that I've always found missing from Hendrix albums is finally there, its just astonishing.

The packaging I could take or leave though. I understand they wanted something premium to help justify the asking price but I'd have been happy with a more plush textured sleeve than the shiny glossy one, and I could do without the big outer case.

Oh and Acoustic Sounds have just said they've shipped my original order

I'm Alan.

I look forward to hearing it.

I'm Wayne.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebottle View Post
    I look forward to hearing it.
    Friday

I'm Josie.

Quote Originally Posted by crimsondonkey View Post
    The clarity that I've always found missing from Hendrix albums is finally there, its just astonishing.

The packaging I could take or leave though. I understand they wanted something premium to help justify the asking price but I'd have been happy with a more plush textured sleeve than the shiny glossy one, and I could do without the big outer case.

Oh and Acoustic Sounds have just said they've shipped my original order
    Yep.. As I said, right from EXP there is so much more clarity.

I agree, the packaging is bulky but its nice. Its solid, not like some packaging where its best to keep the vinyl out because of the fear of damaging it or ripping the folds, flaps and pull-outs.

Sent from my 9001X using Tapatalk
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com
    - Audio Equipment Reviews
    Facebook

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12