+ Reply to Thread

Thread: BM mk1 15V PSU

I'm Alex.

Default BM mk1 15V PSU

Hi,

I just got myself all the BM mk1 with the latest FW plus mods carefully performed by its All-Mighty-Creator. All I can say is wow, it's a jaw dropping experience for me. Thank you, Stan!

Anyway, my Bushmaster comes with what many consider to be an upgraded 15V PSU made by Unifive for Beresford. While the DAC sounds is absolutely amazing, I do hear some acoustic noise coming from the PSU.

There is a gentle buzz coming out of the PSU which can be heard from a distance of 10-15 cm. The voltage of the PSU is 15.18V, which I guess is ok for the 12V-16V range published in the specs, right? My concern is if it is normal or may be my PSU is dying and killing/frying the DAC in the process.

Any ideas?

Thanks
    Alex

I'm Alex.

Just noticed, that the humming completely disappeared. I guess the DAC+ PSU weren't in use for long time.

Love my BM mk1, Thank you Stan.

I'm Eugene.

I recently got a linear psu for my Bushmaster MK1. I have set it to 12.5V after reading Stan's advise that the max for the BM1 is 13V.
    https://theartofsound.net/forum/show...V-power-supply

Just came across your thread. Is it the new FW that allow you to use the 15V psu.

+ Reply to Thread