+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Maidstone system

I'm Francesco.

Default Maidstone system

Hallo,
    also suggested in this forum I have “linked” the photos from imageshack.com because my usual web photo service doesn’t work (servimg.com). I hope it work all…...
    my system for the amplification/loudspeakers:
    Marantz SC11S1 preamplifer;

Marantz SM11S1 stereo amplifier x2 (in bridge mono configuration);

Kef 105 (mk1) two pair in serial configuration (nr.2 left channel and nr.2 right channel);

As we know the “bridge mono” configuration of stereo amplifier has the advantage to moltiply the power of the amplifiers but has the downside to halve the “sensivity” of the electrical resistive load of the loudspeakers. Every Marantz ampli in bridge mono configuration has 420w on 8ohm of exit power, the kef have the “nominal” impedance at 8ohm (halved to 4ohm for bridge configuration). But I provide to connect two kef 105 in serial for every channel so the impedance will be added (4 ohm first kef 105 + 4ohm 2nd kef 105 = 8 ohm). This configuration has the advantage of the bridge mono configuration without downside.

Analog section:
    Michell Gyrodec Mk5;

Morsiani CM1 tonearm;

here a test of the tonearm….sure is not friendly of most of analog passionate.
    https://www.tnt-audio.com/sorgenti/morsiani_e.html
    http://www.morsiani.it
    Morsiani is an italian artisan that at this time is not more in activity, but is holder of a particular kind of magnetic antiskating very efficient. He has provide me his tonearm with the special configuration of the wires that has no interruptions from the pin of the pickup until the xlr terminal to the phono stage in…..
    Benz Micro Ace red (MC low level 0,4 mV) pickup;
    Aqvox CI 2 phono stage.

Digital liquid section:
    NAS qnap (2x 4tb hdd in raid configuration);

ethernet
    ROUTER (dedicated)
    ethernet
    Raspberry PI3+Allo Digione+Volumio

I have provide to replace the “cheap” power supply of raspberry with a more serious linear power supply…

coaxial cable
    North Star Design Impulso DAC

xlr cable to preamplifer
    At this time I don’t provide to play the music by streaming with web sources, but only with the music storaged in my NAS.

The optical “source” at this time is an old Sony SACD/DVD/CD player, and probably will be changed in near future (DVP NS955V)

Wires: all analog signal cable are in multifilar copper enamelled litz (some manufactured by Morsiani and others by Aqvox). Drive loudspeakers cable in normal OFC copper and the power cable of the electronics made by myself with industrial schermated wires and good thorns.

I’m satisfied of this, but I have the necessity to change home (as soon is possible) because the room where is placed the system isn’t good for it…...
    Francesco
    Last edited by Maidstone; 25-12-2019 at 20:52.
    Amplifiers/loudspeakers
    Pre Marantz SC11S1, Ampli stereo Marantz SM11S1 (x2 in bridge mono), Kef 105 (mk1) two couple in serial configuration (two left channel + two right channel).
    Analog section
    Turntable Michell Gyrodec mk5, Morsiani CM1 Tonearm, Benz Ace (low 0,4 mV) pick up, Aqvox CI2 phono stage.
    Digital section
    NAS Qnap (2x 4Tb hdd in raid configuration) - ethernet - ROUTER (dedicated) - ethernet - Raspberry/Allo Digione/Volumio - coax wire - North Star Design Impulso DAC - xlr wires to pre.
    Sony SACD/DVD/CD player DVP NS955V

I'm Rob.

Francesco, you should try to post the images rather than a link as it gives an immediate view of what you have got. Like the pic below.

Buy Bose...And get your parking validated!.

https://youtu.be/ZCBe7-6rw4M

No Highs...No Lows....It Must Be Bose!

I'm David.

Looks good Francesco.

I'm Eugenio.

Ciao Francesco, bell'impianto, complimenti!!!
    My system:
    Analog sources: Basis 2001 signature + Vector 4 tonearm
    Cartridges: koetsu Urushi Vermilion, Transfiguration Spirit, Ortofon MC-20 Super, Denon DL-103 SA
    Digital source: Denon DVD A1 (modified by Aurion Audio) - Apple Mac Mini + Schiit Eitr
    Phonostage: DIY Ear 834 clone + Denon HA 1000
    Power Amp: Dsonic M3a-1500M *2
    Preamp: Grandinote Proemio
    Loudspeakers: Proac EBS

I'm Francesco.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by eu_73 View Post
    Ciao Francesco, bell'impianto, complimenti!!!
    Hallo Eugenio,
    I’ve read you are in Milan and you have a luxury amplification/loudspeakers. Last year I listened to an acquaintance’s house of a Pathos Inpol 2 with a couple of Sonus Faber. A very pleasant listening. You pre and final amplifier sure sound even better but I don’t know your loudspeakers…….very rare and refined. Not a trivial choice. Great beautiful object.
    Il mio impianto è roba da recupero in confronto.......ti saluto, grazie.
    Francesco
    Amplifiers/loudspeakers
    Pre Marantz SC11S1, Ampli stereo Marantz SM11S1 (x2 in bridge mono), Kef 105 (mk1) two couple in serial configuration (two left channel + two right channel).
    Analog section
    Turntable Michell Gyrodec mk5, Morsiani CM1 Tonearm, Benz Ace (low 0,4 mV) pick up, Aqvox CI2 phono stage.
    Digital section
    NAS Qnap (2x 4Tb hdd in raid configuration) - ethernet - ROUTER (dedicated) - ethernet - Raspberry/Allo Digione/Volumio - coax wire - North Star Design Impulso DAC - xlr wires to pre.
    Sony SACD/DVD/CD player DVP NS955V

+ Reply to Thread