+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Raspberry Pi 4 Released

I'm Paul.

Default Raspberry Pi 4 Released

Not totally unexpected, but perhaps a lot sooner than people thought, the new RPi4 is released:

https://www.raspberrypi.org/products...-pi-4-model-b/

Multiple upgrades seem to have answered most criticisms, with a choice of memory capacities, at not unreasonable prices.

I've a 4GB version ordered...

I'm Steve.

Brilliant.
    Thanks for the heads up Paul.
    I’m flying back from Greece tomorrow and so will order when I get home.
    Be really interesting to see if there is any difference in SQ, especially with DigiOne

Cheers
    Steve

I'm Grant.

Do leave your impressions.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    OPPO BDP-103D DARBEE - JBE SERIES 3/B&O SP1/PROJECT PHONOBOX DS2 USB - QUAD VENA 2 - IFI PURIFIER 2/TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK POWER AMPLIFIERS - LEAF HD BLUETOOTH - OPPO PM-3 PLANAR, SONY H900 & NURAPHONE HEADPHONES - ZBOOK/ IFI SILENCER/WIN10 PRO/AUDIRVANA 3 PLUS/TIDAL - SMSL M6 DAC & IFI SILENCER - RPI 3+, DIGIONE HAT/VOLUMIO2 - FULL RANGE TWIN TELEFUNKEN SPEAKERS - CABLE INC CHORD, MOGAMI, SUPRA & WIREWORLD

**Men are not punished for their sins, but by them**
    ***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Nick.

What do you guys think the improvement will be (over a 3) when applying it to a hifi set up?
    Hifi: MacBook Pro > Fisual Pearl Optical > CA DAC Magic+ > Sony AV > Tellurium Ultra Blue > Kef IQ50.

Headphone Rig: MacBook Pro/Google CCA > Fisual Hollywood Optical > Beresford SEG > Studio cable interconnects > Beresford Capella > Sennheiser 700s

I'm Russell.

I read about that! Iím waiting to see just how it works out. I hate to be the first to do anything. But one thing is for sure, the prices of the 3 will drop! Seriously, I await to hear how it goes.

I was on the verge of jumping into the deep end, but now Iím inclined to wait, by the time Iím ready to jump in again, the 5 will come out.

Russell

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent View Post
    What do you guys think the improvement will be (over a 3) when applying it to a hifi set up?
    I have read previously that the 3 provided better sq than the previous version (the 2 I guess?!)
    All mine are earlier versions (2’s)so I should gain.
    Now whether there is any difference between a 3 and the new 4 is another issue.

I'm Russell.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveW View Post
    I have read previously that the 3 provided better sq than the previous version (the 2 I guess?!)
    All mine are earlier versions (2ís)so I should gain.
    Now whether there is any difference between a 3 and the new 4 is another issue.
    So would your accessory boards fit the 3? Can you just buy the 3, or even the 4, and add your existing cards and go? Because a new 3 isnít expensive, and now that the 4 is out, itís bound to get cheaper.

Russell

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by alphaGT View Post
    So would your accessory boards fit the 3? Can you just buy the 3, or even the 4, and add your existing cards and go? Because a new 3 isnít expensive, and now that the 4 is out, itís bound to get cheaper.

Russell
    Itís a good question. I think so.
    The 3 was compatible with the earlier version, and I saw this on Darko audio so Iím hoping that the same will apply for the 4 and the HATS I already have. Will find out soon.. the new pi has been dispatched.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm availableforweddingsAndBarmitzvas.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Do leave your impressions.
    Would you like the Tommy Cooper or the Prince Charles...
    Sorry,
    I can't un- hear what Iíve heard with my own ears to fit your clip board science...

I'm tony.

Tom Hiddelston doing De Nero and Pacino in heat aint too shabby....."theres a flip side to that coin !"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast