+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Raspberry Pi 4 Released

I'm inactive.

I have scanned a few reviews and the upgrade looks very promising speed wise:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVA-WZWdEpY

Only downside i have found is that the changed port layout will mean 'old' enclosures are most likely redundant and will need modifying or replacing - bummer if you bought a posh aluminium one.
    The ethernet port (for instance) has moved to the opposite side of the board which will mean making space for the higher usb set.

Not seen much yet about any IQ boost for audio though -I never really found much difference between RPi 2 type and the 3 model I had to be honest so not expecting much of a leap.
    Also curious how much software upgrading the new model will require and whether the usual developers (Volumio, Moode, Roon etc) have already responded.

Yatsushiro Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Yatsushiro View Post
    I've a 4GB version ordered...
    RPi4 received to day in France, so good service from Pimoroni. However, upon opening the Jiffy bag, one end of the box has been crushed. On opening the box, the display adaptor has broken, and the metal casing around the SD card is crushed so that I cannot insert an SD card.

Not impressed, quite frustrated; will see how Pimoroni respond and resolve the situation.

I'm Steve.

Mine arrived.
    Can I get anything to play on it?
    Can I buggery.

Every other pi I’ve had it’s fairly straightforward.
    Format the SD card and then load an image file...and voila after a bit of setting up.
    Nothing so far though��

I'm John.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveW View Post
    Every other pi I’ve had it’s fairly straightforward.
    Format the SD card and then load an image file...and voila after a bit of setting up.
    Nothing so far though��
    You may be jumping the gun a bit. Which image file exactly did you load? The Moode version that's compatible with RPi4 hasn't been released yet, and the situation may be the same with the other distros.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by jonners View Post
    You may be jumping the gun a bit. Which image file exactly did you load? The Moode version that's compatible with RPi4 hasn't been released yet, and the situation may be the same with the other distros.
    Think you are right Jonners.
    I’ll go and load noobs and see how well audirvava picks it up as upnp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveW View Post
    Think you are right Jonners.
    I’ll go and load noobs and see how well audirvava picks it up as upnp.

Audirvava? Sounds like Vic Reeves

I'm Andrew.

As I use a Raspberry Pi 3+ as an LMS Server I have high hopes that the Pi 4 with 4 GB of Ram will offer me a smoother and quicker experience . As far as I know and it does seem to be a little muddy at the moment any add on Hats such as Digi or DAC hats will not be fully compatible as the new Pi has a very different CPU and will not be fully compatable with items set up for the old CPU . However this does appear to be disputed by some users who have early boards but the HAT mfg companies are being cautious and saying there may be issues.

I'm Paul.

Yeah, I think it will be a while before the various softwares are updated for the 4, as well as old hats being confirmed as fully usable. Bound to be a few issues as there are so many third party accessories out there.
    ~Paul~

I'm Justin.

I'm Paul.

Selling your wares.

Housewares.
    ~Paul~

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast