+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: newbie

I'm Greg.

Default newbie

Hi everyone just like to introduce myself.I am 59 years old and am disabled so i am lucky enough to have lots of time to listen to music,but not much spare cash to upgrade my system.I like pretty much all styles of music but not so keen on classical.
    My system consists of Thorens TD150 turntable,cambridge audio 651p phono pre amp,Musical fidelity Elektra E624 cd player,Musical fidelity Elektra E11 integrated amp,JEC 7500 Dac (i think this is a beresford model),Musical fidelity x10D,Bose 901 speakers.
    Loving the forum already

I'm Gary.

Hi and welcome,

You'll find some good interesting stuff on here, join in.

Gary

QUOTE=festy;1100843]Hi everyone just like to introduce myself.I am 59 years old and am disabled so i am lucky enough to have lots of time to listen to music,but not much spare cash to upgrade my system.I like pretty much all styles of music but not so keen on classical.
    My system consists of Thorens TD150 turntable,cambridge audio 651p phono pre amp,Musical fidelity Elektra E624 cd player,Musical fidelity Elektra E11 integrated amp,JEC 7500 Dac (i think this is a beresford model),Musical fidelity x10D,Bose 901 speakers.
    Loving the forum already[/QUOTE]
    It is easier to seek forgiveness than to ask permission

Rules are meant for the obedience of fools and the guidance of wise men

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Hi Greg and welcome to AoS. The nearest I've ever come to Bose 901's was a pair of the "trumpet" stands I picked up years ago in a second-hand shop - now long since gone, loved the 70's look of them. Hope you enjoy the forum.
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Phil.

great to have you on here festy , lovely place to live , used to live in Christchurch and visted the new forest a lot . you may like the beresford section if you have not found it already

https://theartofsound.net/forum/foru...resford-Banter
    ou might slip, you might slide, you might
    Stumble and fall by the road side
    But don't you ever let nobody drag your spirit down
    Remember you're walking up to heaven

Don't let nobody turn you around
    … Walk with the rich, walk with the poor
    Learn from everyone, that's what life is for
    And don't you let nobody drag your spirit down

Eric Bibb

I'm Shane.

Howdy! Welcome to AOS.

Have fun.

S.
    Shane Lonergan.

I'm Greg.

Quote Originally Posted by Stryder5 View Post
    Hi and welcome,

You'll find some good interesting stuff on here, join in.

Gary

QUOTE=festy;1100843]Hi everyone just like to introduce myself.I am 59 years old and am disabled so i am lucky enough to have lots of time to listen to music,but not much spare cash to upgrade my system.I like pretty much all styles of music but not so keen on classical.
    Loving the forum already
    [/QUOTE]

Thanks Gary is that a lotus or caterham

I'm Greg.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_UK View Post
    Hi Greg and welcome to AoS. The nearest I've ever come to Bose 901's was a pair of the "trumpet" stands I picked up years ago in a second-hand shop - now long since gone, loved the 70's look of them. Hope you enjoy the forum.
    Yes they are very retro great party speakers would like a set of standmounts for more critical low volume listening,

I'm Greg.

Quote Originally Posted by hifinutt View Post
    great to have you on here festy , lovely place to live , used to live in Christchurch and visted the new forest a lot . you may like the beresford section if you have not found it already

https://theartofsound.net/forum/foru...resford-Banter
    Yes i am really lucky to live here i live in Hythe so 2 mins and i,m in the forest.

I'm Gary.

Hi Greg,

It's neither, the body is a modified Westfield, the rest was designed and built by me with help from my two sons, oh and 3 rivets by my wife.

It's powered by a 2 litre Zetec blueprinted by me.

Good fun

Gary

Thanks Gary is that a lotus or caterham[/QUOTE]
    It is easier to seek forgiveness than to ask permission

Rules are meant for the obedience of fools and the guidance of wise men

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by festy View Post
    Yes they are very retro great party speakers would like a set of standmounts for more critical low volume listening,
    Welcome to AOS Greg,

I remember in the 70's/80's there being adverts in the hifi press for the Bose 901 with the number turned upside down, so that it said 106. With a little dB stuck on the end. To illustrate the sound levels you could obtain
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast