+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Radford STA 15 driving Quad ESL 63's

I'm Andrew.

Not directly relevant but found this thread both interesting and informative . I have a pair of refurbished ESL57's which are currently powered using a Krell KSA50 MK1 . They sound excellent but for some reason they lack that last sprinkle of magic which makes these speakers so special . All of my past musical memories of the Quads which convinced me to buy a pair had been with valve power amplifiers and so the itch started . Another itch has always been to own an OTL power amp as the whole idea and sound I heard many years ago (Futterman OTL) were very special .
    So I then got the chance to buy a Croft Series Three OTL and I folded straight away . So I have now bought this amp but due to it being the other end of the country to me will have to wait before I get it back to mine and insert it in my system (quite handy at the moment as in the middle of kitchen remake and no access to Music room which has all the excess from the kitchen) .
    So at the moment I have no idea if this will work as a combination but reading this I have much more hope that it will .

I'm Alan.

I am now driving my ESL57's with a Ming Da single ended integrated valve amp that gives 10W into 15 ohm load.

Surprisingly there seems to be more 'body' to the sound compared to the 90W mosfet output hybrid amp I was using before.
    I have been playing quite a bit of reggae yesterday and enjoying it immensely.

I'm Michael.

I‘m driving my QUAD ESL 57QA https://www.quad-musik.de/index.php/...taten/esl57-qa with an Eternal Arts http://www.audioclassica.de/de/Etern...TL-Mark-2.html and it sounds absolutely gorgeous!
    I guess with your new OTL you’re un for a treat!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12