+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Think this is a scam :(

I'm Vince.

I frequently receive calls from "you were involved in an accident recently". I answer......was I ...oh my lord.....was I injured am I going to recover ok. Mostly they hang up by now, but a couple have gone on for a while and I start asking how much compensation am I going to receive and what shall I spend it on. I do pretty much the same with the PPI cold callers. Don't get mad with them, have a bit fun, and if you are in company, put it on speaker phone.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    I'm sure they must fool some people but as with most crime it's actually harder work and more aggravation and stress than just getting an honest job. I mean if we were talking about a big robbery or something, like tunnelling into a bank vault, then fair enough. If it works then you're on a beach earning ten percent for the rest of your life. But these petty bunco scams, what a huge waste of time and effort for such little potential reward.
    A few years ago there was a news report of a robbery at a building society or something, where they tunnelled into the place. The tunnelling took several weeks, and when they finally got to the loot, it was later estimated that for these three blokes digging for all those man hours, they were on less than minimum wage.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Alan.

That's quite amusing, keeping the criminal fraternity below minimum wage

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by InThe Sticks View Post
    And to add, I had a text from (so called) HMRC last week saying i needed to call them urgently as it was time sensitive.
    So i called HMRC and they do not send texts, so called back the number from text and wasted their time for half an hour.
    The guy ended up threatening me and my family and a lot worse after the time i kept him on the phone.
    Fcuking idiots
    Hahaha... A man after my own heart, Gary!

Can't stand those waste of space SCUM.

Wish I'd had the chance to 'speak' with him, as I'd have gone to town with him in a way he'd NEVER have forgotten, and left the bastard mentally scarred for life... Verbally abusing people who seriously deserve it (and fucking with their heads) in the cruelest, most hurtful, distressing and distasteful way imaginable, is a particular talent of mine

Marco
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Russell.

Around here of late, we’ve had a rash of calls saying that our car warranty has expired. And at the same time, Other calls that the car insurance has lapsed. So when we see a number we don’t know we don’t answer. But they just keep calling!

So, I answer the phone, some women who’s English is so bad I can barely understand her, is going on and on about how my warranty has expired, and I am shouting over her, “I do not own a car!”, and she then asks, “well, if I could just get your information”, and I ask what information?, I have no car!” She hangs up. I do this with about 4 other daily callers, same conversation each time. And I’m happy to say it’s been a month, and I have not had one such call. Until they dream up the next scam!

I wish I had a button that I could push and make their phone blow up! Why the phone company and the law allow this to continue is telling. They are not some far off gangsters in India, they are working in cahoots with the phone company!

Russell

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Hahaha... A man after my own heart, Gary!

Can't stand those waste of space SCUM.

Wish I'd had the chance to 'speak' with him, as I'd have gone to town with him in a way he'd NEVER have forgotten, and left the bastard mentally scarred for life... Verbally abusing people who seriously deserve it (and fucking with their heads) in the cruelest, most hurtful, distressing and distasteful way imaginable, is a particular talent of mine

Marco
    "I don't know who you are, I don't know what you want. If you're looking for money I can tell you I don't have any, but what I do have is a very particular set of skills. Skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you.

If you lose my number now that'll be the end of it. But if you don't I will look for you, I will find you, I will eat a large Madras, then call round and ruin your toilet. And I won't flush it afterwards".

We get it, you're a scary dude!
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Alan.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Tee-hee, and I'd leave it there to solidify too, and turn into a rancid, human cowpat... Let's just say that the fucker would rue the day he made the mistake of dialling my number

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm joe.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Call blocker. Stops them all. The phone doesn't even ring. If I had nothing else to do I guess I might have 'fun' stringing someone along (who probably lives thousands of miles away), but I prefer the silence.

A bloke I used to work with (I'll call hime Dave, because that was his name) had a particular 'line to take' with salespeople who rang him at home. He'd let them say their piece, then say 'I'm too busy to talk right now. Give me your home number and I'll call you back'. They'd invariably say they didn't want to be contacted at home, to which he'd reply 'Neither do I. Now fuck off and don't call me again.'

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    A bloke I used to work with (I'll call hime Dave, because that was his name) had a particular 'line to take' with salespeople who rang him at home. He'd let them say their piece, then say 'I'm too busy to talk right now. Give me your home number and I'll call you back'. They'd invariably say they didn't want to be contacted at home, to which he'd reply 'Neither do I. Now fuck off and don't call me again.'
    That's brilliant - be like Dave!
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast