+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Think this is a scam :(

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'm Andy.

Default Think this is a scam :(

Decided to sell my long term project on cars and classics yesterday.
    Got an email from someone asking about the price and what was the minimum I would take for it - so replied with a figure.

Received this today:

Hello,

Thanks for the mail..However,I want you to know that the price is okay by me and as for picking it up that will not be a problem..I will contact an agent that will handle the pick up...So that will not be a problem.... As for the payment I will be paying with Cashier's Check which will be cashed easily...I want you to know that I will be adding shipping money for the Cashier's Check you are going to receive in which you will deduct your money(agreed selling price) and send the remaining balance to the agent that will be coming for the pick up at your place,to send it out I will need your full name and address where the Cashier's Check will be sent to and your phone number...Listed bellow:

1. The full name on the Cashier's Check
    2. Mailing Address to send the Cashier's Check
    3. Contact phone number.

PS:I will want you to kindly put SOLD on the advert from the placing site..okay, or any interested buyer that mail you,just let them know that it has been sold,so for doing that I will be willing to compensate you with $100.

Hope this is clear to you

Get back to me asap.

(Checked the mail server and based in Latvia)??

Won't be dealing with this person as a standard con!
    Main system:
    Analogue.
    Michell Orbe with arm decoupling kit & Pete's Pylons. SME V arm, Denon DL103M (FGS), Firebottle OPT MKII phono amp
    Technic SP-10 in Obsidian plinth, AT1010 PMAC v8b arm, Goldring Elite MC Cart and BB3 Phono Amp
    Leak Lenco GL75 with Ortofon OM10 cartridge
    Technics RS-BX404 Cassette Deck
    Network Player.
    Raspberry PI plus R2-R DAC (also used as a CD player) plus Pi NAS Server
    Digital.
    Philips DCC 730 player
    Marantz CD50SE
    Amp.
    Audiolab 8000A
    Speakers.
    Reiver Jenna floor standers
    HeadPhones.
    Sennheiser HD545 Ref, HD600, HD477

I'm Steve.

Thank God he only has your e-mail address
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Jon.

String him along and waste as much of his time as possible.
    Just keep asking him impossible questions and suchlike, then ask him to prove that he is genuine to send you a pic with a loaf of bread balanced on his head etc.
    At least when you're taking up his time he won't be scamming anyone else.
    I've been scam baiting for years, it's great fun.

I'm Andy.

Quote Originally Posted by InThe Sticks View Post
    Just keep asking him impossible questions and suchlike, then ask him to prove that he is genuine to send you a pic with a loaf of bread balanced on his head etc.

Very tempting....
    Main system:
    Analogue.
    Michell Orbe with arm decoupling kit & Pete's Pylons. SME V arm, Denon DL103M (FGS), Firebottle OPT MKII phono amp
    Technic SP-10 in Obsidian plinth, AT1010 PMAC v8b arm, Goldring Elite MC Cart and BB3 Phono Amp
    Leak Lenco GL75 with Ortofon OM10 cartridge
    Technics RS-BX404 Cassette Deck
    Network Player.
    Raspberry PI plus R2-R DAC (also used as a CD player) plus Pi NAS Server
    Digital.
    Philips DCC 730 player
    Marantz CD50SE
    Amp.
    Audiolab 8000A
    Speakers.
    Reiver Jenna floor standers
    HeadPhones.
    Sennheiser HD545 Ref, HD600, HD477

I'm Russell.

Quote Originally Posted by InThe Sticks View Post
    A loaf of bread! Haha, that’s good, too funny!

Russell

I'm Jon.

https://www.419eater.com

Join in the fun, it's easy and it's something worthwhile to do.

For example..

https://www.419eater.com/html/hall_of_shame.htm

I'm Jon.

And to add, I had a text from (so called) HMRC last week saying i needed to call them urgently as it was time sensitive.
    So i called HMRC and they do not send texts, so called back the number from text and wasted their time for half an hour.
    The guy ended up threatening me and my family and a lot worse after the time i kept him on the phone.
    Fcuking idiots

I'm Grant.

if these folk had an ounce of morality in them they would be very ashamed. alas they have none. they should be hunted down.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    if these folk had an ounce of morality in them they would be very ashamed. alas they have none. they should be hunted down.
    And handed over to me (or Marco )

It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

I have had quite a lot of fun with a few Indian “BT” Call centres when they call me because my internet has been compromised. Run them a merry dance acting like a complete tech dimwit (once for almost an hour) before finally telling them I know it is a scam and asking them how they can live with themselves? The responses are usually denial, followed by a lot of swearing and then them hanging up! I figure if I’m wasting their time they’re not scamming someone more vulnerable.
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast