+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Today 06/01/08

Default New Today 06/01/08

Hi Oldbies !

Hmmm, this has a look of familiarity to it. I keep thinking of the color blue though.

Looks like a great forum and in only a few minutes, I feel at home.

Hi, I am Donald. I live in the Seattle Washington and Portland Oregon areas. I love audio, I live 6 months out of the year on my boat (with a really cool 2-year old Siberian Husky), currently on the Columbia River. I like to fish and take a lot of pictures. My first post highschool degree was in commercial photography, then electronics (associates only there), then International banking and finally contract law.

I live the other 6 months in Eastern Washington (sunny Okanogan). I pass the spare moments there by doing electronic projects, well yes, of course audio projects. I am planning one of those cool Hashimoto EL 34 tube amp projects for this winter so I just may be stark raving mad by this time next year.

I will be 60 years old in 3 days and I am fine with that .

Hope to get acquainted with you all real soon.

D

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Hi Donald,

Welcome to the forum; nice introduction

We feel like we know you, too, now

Anyway, we look forward to reading all about your views on hi-fi and music in due course!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Thank you for the warm welcome. I am certain I will have many questions as I try to familiarize myself with this new great looking forum.
    Sansui: G-8000, AU-20000, AU-719, TU-666, TU-717, 2 AX-7s, SE-7, SC-1110, SC-3100, SR-333, SP-2000, SP-2500, RA-500. Yamaha: YP-D71. Denon: DL-160, DVD 2910. Shure V15 Type lll. Dual: 1019. Teac: PD-710M. Senheiser: HD600. Klipsch: Forte II. KLH: Model 10. Atwater Kent AM Console. Zenith: Transoceanic. RCA: Victor. and on and on and on
    The Avatar? June Foray, voice for Rocket J Squirrel.

Welcome Donald - we share a love of water. I live on the beach down here in Baja and couldn't imagine letting a day go by without getting my feet wet...

This is a great forum. A lot of nice folks and some very interesting discussions. This dumb Gringo has already learned a few new things since joining AoS.

Who said you can't teach an old dog new tricks???

I'm Mike.

Default Welcome, Donald

What an interesting (half) life you have. Would that be 'The Great Columbia River' that Lonnie Donnegan sang about rather a long time ago?

You must surely have an on-board hifi outfit (plus copious provisions....), but what do you do all day? Just fish?

Birthday wishes for your big six-oh (I remember it well....) and welcome to this odd but eclectic forum

Well, to the Gringo. I do love getting my feet wet daily and so does my furry roommate. I have seen many of your posts in the AK arena. I have a feeling that I will enjoy the interaction here as it feels less like me vs. them. Can't explain that, but hey.

To M. R. It is an interesting 1/2 life and although I do a fair amount of fishing, I am restoring a 1962 44' Chris Craft wooden cruiser. I just pulled out the Chrysler 383s and installed two Detroit 6v53 diesels, so you can blame me for the recent diesel fuel price hijack.

I am also getting ready to open a seafood wholesale processing facility by the end of June 08. Ima hopin that goes well.

For onboard hifi, I am using a Sansui G-8000 receiver, a pair of Infinity Beta 20 speakers and a Sony Vaio laptop with an external hard drive containing 1000+ cds which I play through Windows MP via the line out on the docking station. A good match for a boat cabin.

Yeah, the six-oh thing bothers my family way more than it bothers me. I can't remember having this much fun. That could be because I actually had that much fun!!!

Last edited by Mike; 02-06-2008 at 20:08. Reason: slight typo
    Sansui: G-8000, AU-20000, AU-719, TU-666, TU-717, 2 AX-7s, SE-7, SC-1110, SC-3100, SR-333, SP-2000, SP-2500, RA-500. Yamaha: YP-D71. Denon: DL-160, DVD 2910. Shure V15 Type lll. Dual: 1019. Teac: PD-710M. Senheiser: HD600. Klipsch: Forte II. KLH: Model 10. Atwater Kent AM Console. Zenith: Transoceanic. RCA: Victor. and on and on and on
    The Avatar? June Foray, voice for Rocket J Squirrel.

I'm Mike.

Very droll, final paragraph!

I'm InSpace.

MR.. your cat looks really cool (no pun intended) but slightly pissed off!

Shian7
    --------------------------------------------------------

Kudakutemo
    kudakutemo

ari mizu-no tsuki

Though it be be broken -
    broken again - still it's there:
    the moon on the water.

- Choshu.

I'm Nick.

Nice first post. I think you're living the life I hope to be able to have in, um, 25 years...

Yours, jealously, etc

I'm Shane.

I am restoring a 1962 44' Chris Craft wooden cruiser.
    I'd love to see some pictures of that! My boating is done in something a litle more modest...

http://www.thepippin.plus.com/Misc/DSCF0062.JPG

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast