+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: NW Audio Show Cranage - anyone going?

I'm Deleted.

Ian, which rooms did you feel sound ‘piercing’ in the treble? I did get an ideal seat in the large Amphion room as it was practically empty (other than a couple of company reps) when I visited. This room had, for me, quite a muted top end and the sound, in general, was overly polite and recessed.
    Last edited by YNWaN; 01-07-2019 at 22:36.
    Account Deleted

I'm David.

It may sound a little polite compared to some of the rooms that will take your ears off

It may also depend on the track/tracks you heard.
    avid hifi | audiomica | amphion | anthem | audioquest | ascendo | bel canto | bluesound | caas audio | eggleston works | exposure | hegel | isoacoustics | innuos | kef audio | larsen | lumin | merason | moonriver | nagaoka | ophidian | primare | perlisten | paradigm | svs | spectral furniture | silent angel

www.thelittleaudio.company 0753 888 1969 / 0121 638 0721

I'm inthescottishmafia.

I thought the Amphion speakers excellent in the short time I got for a listen.
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Ian.

I just heard from Mark that Malvern Audio Research got best in show

I'm Barrington.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlenco View Post
    I agree

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

I'm David.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlenco View Post
    Odd how we hear things differently. Malvern didn’t even appear in Hi-Fi Pig’s Top 5. We did, but that’s not why I mention it...
    avid hifi | audiomica | amphion | anthem | audioquest | ascendo | bel canto | bluesound | caas audio | eggleston works | exposure | hegel | isoacoustics | innuos | kef audio | larsen | lumin | merason | moonriver | nagaoka | ophidian | primare | perlisten | paradigm | svs | spectral furniture | silent angel

I'm Deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by the little audio company View Post
    It may sound a little polite compared to some of the rooms that will take your ears off

It may also depend on the track/tracks you heard.
    It may well have been the track (I can’t think what it was that was playing now) - I was running late and wasn’t able to stay in the room for long (lovely airy room though).

On the other hand, although I didn’t, in the end, hear every room I didn’t find any of those that I did hear to ‘take my ears off’. Hey, some people actively seek out that laid back sound - Avalon have been doing it for years, for example. It’s not to my personal taste though, I don’t want the system to be polite, aggressive, or any other character trait that imposes itself on the music.

Edit: perhaps I should add that, although I hugely enjoyed the show as a whole (I always do, an outstanding show and my favourite), I didn’t find any of the rooms to really ‘do it for me’ this year. Probably my favourites, of those I heard, where the Pure Sound room and the Brian & Trevor rooms (two very different system types).
    Last edited by YNWaN; 04-07-2019 at 20:51.
    Account Deleted

I'm David.

Yeah, we were lucky with having air-con

We’re looking at how we can improve the room for next year. We’ve never used any room treatments (which we’re actually quite proud of), but we do get a bass collection behind where the seats were (hence we didn’t put any seats there, just a table). There’ll be a bit more in the room next year, and maybe some treatment which should improve things further.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567