+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Hi fi fuse ? Tweek !

I'm Alan.

Quote Originally Posted by anthonyTD View Post
    Hi Alan,
    My comments on this thread were not intended to cause confusion, insult, or as you put it, clever dickery, the reason i mentioned copperslip, and similar products is because i actualy care about people, and the equipment they use, i have been in this industry for near aproaching 25 years, and have seen all sorts in that time, where posible, i will try and share some of those experiences, this was one of those paticular times.
    A...
    Yes I understand that safety is paramount...and I did have a rant I know...I'm just so so tired of the replies where certain people, the same people over and over again, who are constanatly knocking new ideas regards hifi upgrade products, saying they are a rip off...there's no such thing as a hifi fuse, how can that possibly work, you don't want to buy that, it's too expensive and cannot possibly be any better than a £2.50 cable..or a 10p fuse because it has the british kite mark on it...it's only a piece of copper wire transfering a signal..how can another piece of wire be different....If they can't say anything positive or encouraging..or don't like the fact that they don't like the idea, that they think the punters are being ripped off by supposed greedy hifi dealers..stay off the thread...It's like watching a TV....don't bitch about what's on the TV... Don't watch it..turn it over...or even off.. I wonder if putting a stop to cable / mains upgrades discussions should be banned from the site, because everytime a thread is raised it turns ugly, and I mean every time..?
    'ANDSOME IN THE SUMMER..'ORIBBLE IN THE WINTER. Barney Milne

Cambridge Audio CXN, Seagate nas drive, Michell Gyrodec SE, SME309, Benz M2 Ruby cantilever, Denon DL103, Primare R32, Densen D20, Densen D30, Cambridge Audio 840A V2 integrated, Pioneer SX-N30AE Network Stereo Receiver, Roksan Darius speakers, Technics speakers, Canon speakers, Bastanis Dragonfly Horns, REL Storm III sub, Target R1 speaker stands, Atacama Equinox.

I'm Grant.

i dont care what folk think of my opinions on my stereo. what i hear i hear, and if no-one b elieves me... tough titties on them, they can go spend a fortune on what they like.
    As for mains stuff, ive not really done much experimenting so far but others have who say it can help. But the big difference with mains stuff is that you should be aware of the potential dangers, as you often dont get a second chance.
    I say that as an electronic engineer....Ive b een electrocuted and ive seen stuff go on fire; ive seen things that would scare you rigid
    So if someone politely mentions safety, just agree they have a right and duty to mention it.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by mad-moon View Post
    Yes I understand that safety is paramount...and I did have a rant I know...I'm just so so tired of the replies where certain people, the same people over and over again, who are constanatly knocking new ideas regards hifi upgrade products, saying they are a rip off...there's no such thing as a hifi fuse, how can that possibly work, you don't want to buy that, it's too expensive and cannot possibly be any better than a £2.50 cable..or a 10p fuse because it has the british kite mark on it...it's only a piece of copper wire transfering a signal..how can another piece of wire be different....If they can't say anything positive or encouraging..or don't like the fact that they don't like the idea, that they think the punters are being ripped off by supposed greedy hifi dealers..stay off the thread...It's like watching a TV....don't bitch about what's on the TV... Don't watch it..turn it over...or even off.. I wonder if putting a stop to cable / mains upgrades discussions should be banned from the site, because everytime a thread is raised it turns ugly, and I mean every time..?
    The manufacturers of said hifi fuses, need to state clearly what their product offers in terms of technology which is different to a normal fuse.
    Until then the end user cannot rely, on their marketing strategy alone, or simply a leap of faith.

For instance within a the space a fuse occupies the manufacturer might be placing semiconductors assisting AC delivery. Some disclosure different to a normal fuse
    whilst retaining the protection of a normal fuse is needed, if we are to take such things seriously.

I'm Geoff.

Regardless of topic, nobody should be put off expressing a contrary view in a debate. There's no need for anybody to take a combative stance. Politeness works both ways. Hi-Fi is notorious for 'strange' products and ideas, some are no doubt valid and others maybe less so. If questions are asked or doubts are raised that's all part of it and should be accepted without anybody getting their feathers ruffled.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Alan.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    i dont care what folk think of my opinions on my stereo. what i hear i hear, and if no-one b elieves me... tough titties on them, they can go spend a fortune on what they like.
    As for mains stuff, ive not really done much experimenting so far but others have who say it can help. But the big difference with mains stuff is that you should be aware of the potential dangers, as you often dont get a second chance.
    I say that as an electronic engineer....Ive b een electrocuted and ive seen stuff go on fire; ive seen things that would scare you rigid
    So if someone politely mentions safety, just agree they have a right and duty to mention it.
    Yes that's paramount, the safety side of things for everyone I agree 100%..the majority of gear has internal fuses..all UK plugs have fuses, then you have the consumer unit with RCD's, which will probably trip even before the fuse blows... so I think we are pretty well protected...it would have to be something down right stupid to cause a disaster..

Cambridge Audio CXN, Seagate nas drive, Michell Gyrodec SE, SME309, Benz M2 Ruby cantilever, Denon DL103, Primare R32, Densen D20, Densen D30, Cambridge Audio 840A V2 integrated, Pioneer SX-N30AE Network Stereo Receiver, Roksan Darius speakers, Technics speakers, Canon speakers, Bastanis Dragonfly Horns, REL Storm III sub, Target R1 speaker stands, Atacama Equinox.

I'm Alan.

Quote Originally Posted by Light Dependant Resistor View Post
    The manufacturers of said hifi fuses, need to state clearly what their product offers in terms of technology which is different to a normal fuse.
    Until then the end user cannot rely, on their marketing strategy alone, or simply a leap of faith.

For instance within a the space a fuse occupies the manufacturer might be placing semiconductors assisting AC delivery. Some disclosure different to a normal fuse
    whilst retaining the protection of a normal fuse is needed, if we are to take such things seriously.
    That could be said about the claims made about any item manufactured today...

I'm Grant.

Yes that's paramount, the safety side of things for everyone I agree 100%..the majority of gear has internal fuses..all UK plugs have fuses, then you have the consumer unit with RCD's, which will probably trip even before the fuse blows... so I think we are pretty well protected...it would have to be something down right stupid to cause a disaster..
    yup, but stupid things happen unfortunately. I know you cant stop it but you can try... I have personal knowledge of this as I remember telling a guy to fix his ariel if he wanted a better picture.
    He got a set of long ladders, and carried them down street and touched an overhead cable(which were low in this place) 14kv went through him and killed him... a stupid error by him, but it never obviously occured to him(it would have to me) so a guy is dead, a family lost their dad... You see where im coming from?
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Dennis.

I do care about what others think of my own sound, because we can 'go into a world of our own', and lose contact with reality.

It is of interest to compare equipment and strategies, and views on what works and is valid.

In my apprenticeship one fellow apprentice connected a large electrolytic the wrong way round, the result, a red hot smoking roll of aluminium travelling about ten feet across the lab.

I'm Alan.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    yup, but stupid things happen unfortunately. I know you cant stop it but you can try... I have personal knowledge of this as I remember telling a guy to fix his ariel if he wanted a better picture.
    He got a set of long ladders, and carried them down street and touched an overhead cable(which were low in this place) 14kv went through him and killed him... a stupid error by him, but it never obviously occured to him(it would have to me) so a guy is dead, a family lost their dad... You see where im coming from?
    Yes that is very sad Grant albeit a bit of an extreme example..yeah keep pushing home the safety aspect for definite don't work on gear that is plugged is an obvious bit of advice, I agree...and If your not savvy yourself, get someone who is to do it for you.. but the comparisons are sometimes really stupid...If I fill my car up with petrol from a gold plated petrol pump/hose...from a previuos cable discussion...will my car run any better??..just to mention one...

I'm Grant.

Yes that is very sad Grant albeit a bit of an extreme example..yeah keep pushing home the safety aspect for definite don't work on gear that is plugged is an obvious bit of advice, I agree...and If your not savvy yourself, get someone who is to do it for you.. but the comparisons are sometimes really stupud...If I fill my car up with petrol from a gold plated petrol pump/hose...from a previuos cable discussion...will my car run any better??..just to mention one...
    i agree, that those comments are not constructive. if they are out of order moderation will kick in. thats our job tho, and not that of others, otherwise you end up with fights.
    This is a subjective orientated forum(part of the ethos) and although objectivity has its place, it wont be allowed to take over.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast