+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone got experience of colin wonfor’s LS25 and atlas ascent 2 mkii speaker cable ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'm Martin.

Default Anyone got experience of colin wonfor’s LS25 and atlas ascent 2 mkii speaker cable ?

I’m using the latter atlas ascent right now. Thinking of trying LS25. I realise its going to be system dependent but anyone out there tried both and what are your thoughts ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm gone.

Hey, Martin - your PM inbox is full to overflowing! Clear some space, please.

I'm Martin.

Done Jerry

I'm Marcus.

Well, oddly enough, I have. They are both very fine cables, and possibly dependant on your kit, no value in changing, but certainly I prefer the LS25, I find it more open, better imaging, and really great bass, both in power and control. The Atlas darker sounding, but great with textures, perhaps giving it the edge on simpler, slower music.

I guess it depends what area you are trying to improve, I have found power cables to have the most dramatic impact, but others do not find any worthwhile difference with any cable at all.

If you are in a position to, give the L25 a try, comes with 30 day return period.
    Ziro power cables -> Modded Marantz CD63SE or Bluesound -> Roksan K3 Dac -> RFC Venus -> Onix DNA 45 -> LS25 -> Proac D18

I'm tony.

I run ls25 its tremendous , best ive heard.

I believe Colin has developed an even better cable.

I'm Marcus.

The LS25 certainly has a deeper soundstage, but as mentioned, the LS50 is meant to be on its way, but who knows what the price will be.

There is also the Atlas Mavros to consider, again, very pricy.
    Ziro power cables -> Modded Marantz CD63SE or Bluesound -> Roksan K3 Dac -> RFC Venus -> Onix DNA 45 -> LS25 -> Proac D18

I'm Colin.

Quote Originally Posted by bronzeage View Post
    The LS25 certainly has a deeper soundstage, but as mentioned, the LS50 is meant to be on its way, but who knows what the price will be.

There is also the Atlas Mavros to consider, again, very pricy.
    Hi Guys LS50 now available send Mr. Brown a msg

https://www.abcaudio.biz/product-page/ewa-ls-50

Best Col
    Last edited by Colin Wonfor; 03-07-2019 at 15:45.

I'm Martin.

Thanks for the reply Marcus.

I wonder if I’m just chasing my tail here. I have power chord upgrades and use an isotek sigmas gii too.

I have very eclectic tastes , I play jazz, trip hop, progressive house, folk, indie, blues, rock and classical.

I’m using ls3/5a and sub setup and a lyngdorf amp (solid state powered DAC)

I get a very big soundstage , that I’m pleased with but I read about systems where they describe the holographic 3 D soundstage. Mine is more like a wall of sound with depth.

Im thinking I should try something with solid cores for comparison.

I'm Deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by Discopants View Post
    Thanks for the reply Marcus.

I wonder if I’m just chasing my tail here. I have power chord upgrades and use an isotek sigmas gii too.

I have very eclectic tastes , I play jazz, trip hop, progressive house, folk, indie, blues, rock and classical.

I’m using ls3/5a and sub setup and a lyngdorf amp (solid state powered DAC)

I get a very big soundstage , that I’m pleased with but I read about systems where they describe the holographic 3 D soundstage. Mine is more like a wall of sound with depth.

Im thinking I should try something with solid cores for comparison.

I’m afraid I think you are wasting your time expecting a cable upgrade/change to deliver the results you are hoping for. I don’t know what front end you are using but that would be the first thing I would look at. Secondly, the Lyngdorf amps I have heard have not been strong in the terms of ‘holographic imaging’. Finally, if you want really strong imagery you have to set your speakers up VERY carefully in terms of room position and alignment. Do not expect the powerful DSP processing some Lyngdorf amps have to iron out huge frequency response anomalies and maintain a holographic image.
    Account Deleted

I'm Hugo.

Quote Originally Posted by YNWaN View Post
    I’m afraid I think you are wasting your time expecting a cable upgrade/change to deliver the results you are hoping for. I don’t know what front end you are using but that would be the first thing I would look at. Secondly, the Lyngdorf amps I have heard have not been strong in the terms of ‘holographic imaging’. Finally, if you want really strong imagery you have to set your speakers up VERY carefully in terms of room position and alignment. Do not expect the powerful DSP processing some Lyngdorf amps have to iron out huge frequency response anomalies and maintain a holographic image.
    Provided that we are talking about the current generation of Lyngdorf's RoomPerfect system as included in the TDAi-2170 and TDAi-3400 amplifiers, and not earlier iterations, my experience is that the system does pretty much iron out quite significant room related anomalies; and one of its attributes that took me by surprise is the improvement in imaging, with the system activated. Stereo imaging is not something that I normally get excited about, but with classical recordings the extra spatial definition is marked and quite delightful. RoomPerfect is certainly the most musically transparent DSP room correction system that I've heard, and the amps themselves are rather sweet performers too. One of the key (and genuine) benefits of Lyngdorf's RoomPerfect system is that it does let you place the speakers where you'd like them to be (Lyngdorf suggest placing speakers close to the back wall, even when they have rear facing ports), and the system does more or less take care of things. There is a limit to all of this, of course, and RoomPerfect won't rescue a room that's acoustically like a public bath but it does work admirably in most domestic settings.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast