+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hello from the Isle of Man

I'm Francois.

Default Hello from the Isle of Man

Hi All,

Newbie here, living on the Isle of Man, surrounded by motorbikes and the Irish Sea.

System is rega planar (the one from the 70’s), Nagaoka MP110 cartridge, Eclipse TD amp and speakers.

Musical tastes: Caro Emerald, Stan Getz, George Ezra, Jean-Michel Jarre, ambient.

Hello to Jason Isaacs, while I’m here!

Regards
    Frank
    Last edited by manxie; 19-06-2019 at 10:10. Reason: Adding music preferences

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Welcome to AoS Francois.

Nice tastes in music,

Enjoy the Forum
    Barry
    Barry

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Hi Frank and welcome to AoS! I have never tried my Nagaoka in my Rega Planar (similar vintage) so I might give that a try! Might have to spin a bit of Caro now, not played her for ages! :thumbs up: Well, hope you enjoy the forum.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

Forgot to mention IOM/Motorbikes - being a biker and loving motorsport it’s on my bucket list to come over one year - got a spare room?
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I’m not stalking you Frank, promise(!) But have you listened to anything by a band called Koop? Just started playing some Caro, and then Koop popped into my head which I also haven’t listened to in ages - not really a direct comparison but something of Caro’s “vibe” reminded me of Koop. Anyway, before I get a restraining order I will leave you alone!
    Alex

I'm Geoff.

Hello Frank. Welcome to AOS.

I'm sure you'll find plenty to interest you here. Tell us if you have any future plans for your system.

Feel free to join in and chat with everybody.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Shane.

Howdy! Welcome to AOS.

Have fun.

S.
    Shane Lonergan.

+ Reply to Thread