+ Reply to Thread

Thread: FS Icon Audio passive pre-amp

I'm Norman.

Default FS Icon Audio passive pre-amp

Taking a different direction with second system so will be moving on some kit.
    Here we have an excellent Audio Icon Passive pre-amp, one nice feature that on powering up the volume pot turns fully down then rises to the 9 O'Clock position. Power is only used for volume control and doesn't have to be connected, reverting to manual control. The motorized pot was recently replaced with an Alps Blue Velvet. Looking £230+. p&p insured. Packed in original box. This remote version retails at £550.

Some years ago QUAD described the perfect amplifier as “a piece of wire with gain”. By default the Icon passive is perfect, as it has no flaws and is the basis for all of their amplifiers. There is no hum because it is perfectly screened. There is no noise because there is no amplifier to make noise. Distortion is non existant. As a result, this is the only way to hear the true sound of your power amplifier, with nothing added by the distortion, extra gain, etc. of a "traditional" pre amplfifer.

The Passive Pre Amplifier is also very versatile. You can use it purely as a pure selector box with the volume wide open. Or, use it to provide a monitoring circuit for your recording equipment as well as additional inputs. A very useful addition to any system.
    Thanks for looking

Sent from my S550 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Stormin'Norman; 19-06-2019 at 15:21. Reason: Add retail price
    Rosewood LP12 Lingo, Ittok LVIII, AT OC9/III, Pioneer N-50A Streamer, Beresford Caimen SEG, Yamaha CD-N301 CD/ Streamer.Puresound T10 & P10, Audio Synthesis Passion Ultimate passive preamp, Audio Synthesis Decade amp. Canor TP10 Headphone amp. Pair MF P150 amps
    Linn Keildh, Hiquphon Tweeter upgrade.With Kustone bases
    Solid core Silver interconnects. Silver plated solid core copper interconnects, KLE Silver and Neutrik plugs and K400 biwire cable. Norstone Bergen 2 table
    Mission Isoplat (anyone remember them?)Synology DS215 , Beyerdynamic DT 990's, ADL GT40 Alpha for ADC Duties.

I'm James.

GLWTS
    Nottingham Analogue Spacedeck / Kuzma Stogi S / Benz Micro Ace S L
    Lenco L-75 / Carl Ellis Plinth / Ortofon AS-212 / Ortofon SPU Classic GM E MkII
    Ortofon ST-7 SUT / Nick G Modded Lentek Head Amp / Croft RIAA

Cambridge Audio CXU / Theta DS Pro Prime

Classé Model 30 / Luxman M-383

Usher Compass X-719

May contain opinions that others find disturbing.

I'm Norman.

Thanks James, as you know they are very good

I'm Norman.

Offers considered

I'm Norman.

Sold STP

I'm Norman.

SOLD
    Rosewood LP12 Lingo, Ittok LVIII, AT OC9/III, Pioneer N-50A Streamer, Beresford Caimen SEG, Yamaha CD-N301 CD/ Streamer.Puresound T10 & P10, Audio Synthesis Passion Ultimate passive preamp, Audio Synthesis Decade amp. Canor TP10 Headphone amp. Pair MF P150 amps
    Linn Keildh, Hiquphon Tweeter upgrade.With Kustone bases
    Solid core Silver interconnects. Silver plated solid core copper interconnects, KLE Silver and Neutrik plugs and K400 biwire cable. Norstone Bergen 2 table
    Mission Isoplat (anyone remember them?)Synology DS215 , Beyerdynamic DT 990's, ADL GT40 Alpha for ADC Duties.

+ Reply to Thread