+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Immaculate SL1210 Mk2

I'm david.

Default Immaculate SL1210 Mk2

I'm looking to sell my Technics 1210, there are many tired dogs out there; mine is immaculate and was bought brand new by a chap in 2011 (invoice attached) I believe it was one of the last made and I have the original bill of sale. He just used it to rip all his vinyl and then sold it to me. It was in pristine condition when I bought it (I searched for months for the perfect, unmolested example) and still is now. I've probably used it for about 5 hours maximum.

I carried out a few mods 

1) Isonoe feet

2) Funk Firm Achromat

3) Sumiko head shell

4) External PSU. Professionally fitted by Vantage Audio.

5) AT440MLa cartridge

6) I removed the hinge brackets of the lid as I was told playing it without the lid attached improved SQ

These are all very sensible low key mods that are recommended by most enthusiasts and I avidly followed the advice of Marco on AOS.

The deck itself is unmarked, 100% pristine. The lid has one small scratch. This deck has never been used for DJ work etc.

The mods themselves cost over £500.

I also have a Jelco SA 750 D which will be for sale. I've been told it's a great match for the 1210, I just never got around to fitting .

I would prefer collection if at all possible. I post under the same username on www.avforums.com where you can see I'm a regular and long term member with excellent trading feedback.

If you want one of the last made 1210s in A1 immaculate condition and without any of the major mods then this is the one for you.

Asking price £625 (excluding delivery) 

Last edited by indus; 18-06-2019 at 07:06. Reason: Image with personal details removed
    System:

SL1210 > Whest PS 3.0RDT> Audio Research LS17 pre> Lyngdorf RP1 room correction> Lyngdorf sda 2175 > Monitor Audio Platinum 300 speakers

I'm david.

System:

SL1210 > Whest PS 3.0RDT> Audio Research LS17 pre> Lyngdorf RP1 room correction> Lyngdorf sda 2175 > Monitor Audio Platinum 300 speakers

I'm Geoff.

Who's personal details are those on the receipt in the first picture? They really shouldn't be displayed on open forum.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Stephen.

The external PSU is almost certainly made by Vantage Audio. I have one exactly the same except mine has an on/off power switch on the front panel.
    GLWS

Steve
    Always a little further

I'm Stephen.

The external PSU is almost certainly made by Vantage Audio. I have one exactly the same except mine has an on/off power switch on the front panel.
    GLWS

Steve
    Always a little further

I'm Vince.

Lovely deck David, with some lovely mods. I'll wager it sounds lush too. As for the address on the picture c'mon, we all trust each other, no problems. I'd put my address up, no worries, WE ARE THE AOS MASSIVE. GLWS.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    As for the address on the picture c'mon, we all trust each other, no problems. I'd put my address up, no worries
    Are you serious?

Regardless, the image with address details has been removed as it presents a security hazard to the named person and possibly a breach of the data protection act.

The seller can if they wish post an edited version of the photo.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    Lovely deck David, with some lovely mods. I'll wager it sounds lush too. As for the address on the picture c'mon, we all trust each other, no problems. I'd put my address up, no worries, WE ARE THE AOS MASSIVE. GLWS.
    You can never be sure of that Vince. Of the hundreds, maybe thousands of members posting on here, I've only personally met maybe half a dozen. I would trust those guys completely, but as for the rest - who knows? There'll be people out there who don't go out to work in the conventional sense, their job is to gather information on us any way they can.

Underestimating a stranger's capacity to have us over, is how bad things happen. Better safe than sorry

Lovely looking deck btw.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm david.

Sorry about that, thanks for removing it. I'll cover up the personal details and repost it.
    System:

I'm david.

Quote Originally Posted by worrasf View Post
    GLWS

Steve
    Hi Steve
    Yes, I remember now the PSU was from Vantage Audio. The very nice chap (? Richard) actually came around my house to fit it. Not sure if they are still in business?

Cheers
    System:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast