+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Immaculate SL1210 Mk2

I'm Martyn.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Who's personal details are those on the receipt in the first picture? They really shouldn't be displayed on open forum.
    Whose

I'm Stephen.

Quote Originally Posted by indus View Post
    Hi Steve
    Yes, I remember now the PSU was from Vantage Audio. The very nice chap (? Richard) actually came around my house to fit it. Not sure if they are still in business?

Cheers
    Sadly, VA went out of business a good while ago. If Richard fitted the PSU it’s likely he also modified your PCB as well. On mine he removed all the redundant gubbins associated with the original PSU and ran a few new earthing wires.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Always a little further

I'm Vince.

I know what you mean Geoff and Streve, you cannot trust some one you don't know. On the other hand if you are selling on say Gumtree, you give your address to a stranger who say they want to buy off you. But better to be safe than sorry I suppose. Glws

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

What you also have to bear in mind is that anyone can see this ad on the internet, not just members - so even if AoS is relatively safe, the rest of the web isn't!

Anyway, GLWS, David - have another BUMP on me!
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

Location: Banbury, Oxfordshire/Panteg is where my late father was born

I'm Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by worrasf View Post
    Sadly, VA went out of business a good while ago. If Richard fitted the PSU it’s likely he also modified your PCB as well. On mine he removed all the redundant gubbins associated with the original PSU and ran a few new earthing wires.

Not necessarily, Richard fitted my psu but to modify the board takes a bit of time and he usually removes it and did the work in his workshop.
    Alas I never got round to getting it done and I've now sold my 1210 last week.
    It was an excellent deck and the vantage mods were superb.
    Chris

We've gone on holiday by mistake !

I'm Stephen.

Quote Originally Posted by chris@panteg View Post
    Not necessarily, Richard fitted my psu but to modify the board takes a bit of time and he usually removes it and did the work in his workshop.
    Alas I never got round to getting it done and I've now sold my 1210 last week.
    It was an excellent deck and the vantage mods were superb.
    Ah good point. now I think about it I sent him my PCB ahead of time.

Always a little further

I'm david.

Weekend bump
    System:

SL1210 > Whest PS 3.0RDT> Audio Research LS17 pre> Lyngdorf RP1 room correction> Lyngdorf sda 2175 > Monitor Audio Platinum 300 speakers

I'm david.

Sold and gone to a good home!
    System:

SL1210 > Whest PS 3.0RDT> Audio Research LS17 pre> Lyngdorf RP1 room correction> Lyngdorf sda 2175 > Monitor Audio Platinum 300 speakers

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12